This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by (__Joonas__), Jul 6, 2009.

1. ChockeHoldTerror

ChockeHoldTerror Survived Lake Bodom

WOW,I'm really surprised ! the album is out only for a week and look at their Last FM profile,amazing !
    most of the songs in the album are at the top of the ranks :)
    http://www.last.fm/music/Children+of+Bodom

2. cobhc17

cobhc17 Member

Holy shit your right. Crazy...

3. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

I agree. At first listen I wasn't too impressed with the cd as a whole, but its been growing on me more and more everyday. I find myself humming the meldoies which means they are cathcy and sticking in my brain. I even find myself not skipping WIWI....not the greatest song on the album but at least good enough to listen to. I really enjoy just putting this album in and listening to every single track.

4. jurgens

jurgens Children Of Decadence

I have found a fact. After longer listening of HB,FTR,SW i was listening to RRF and it didnt seem so good, but when i tried to listen at first it seems awesome ;D

5. Slimefest

Slimefest Member

I actually enjoy this album more than the older ones atm...not necessarily because it's better but it's still new and fresh.

6. kilon

kilon I told you!

True. It's a great album but whenever I listen to one of the old songs, I immediately notice that it's so much better. But it's not fair to compare them anyway. Fact is that the first 4 albums will never be surpassed. But RRF is still really good and definitely deserves in CoB's discography as a good highlight.

7. Physicx

Physicx Member

one day shipping my ass

fuck you maple music you bastards

anyways, i love the title track, holy

8. jurgens

jurgens Children Of Decadence

Agree 100% And i'm not waiting that they suddenly will go back to SW or HB or FTR era it's just not working like that nowdays, with some exceptions even though if they wanted to, i doubt that they could do it, i'm not saying just to copy them but make something that awesome but different. But it just shows to me that thoes albums are just perfect! And i even dont expect it to happen. It's just my opinion. Remember you have your own opinion and it's as valuable as mine.

9. mocobhc

mocobhc Member

Sometimes I wish people would rather take half a minute to re-read what they wrote before they actually post it. Having to read a post four or five times before starting to get at least the main point and then realising it wasn't worth the effort is a bit disappointing sometimes :lol:

10. Fret

Fret Member

I get the NMF chorus melody stuck in my head a lot. Really catchy.

11. eveningninja

eveningninja Skull Kid

That's how I feel sometimes about Alexi and his attitude with going into the studio having not even really written his songs and just half-assing it :lol:

12. InvisibleByNight

InvisibleByNight Totally Fucking Dead.

Even after waiting that long i'm not dissapointed, because RRF really kick ass!
    Definitelly one of the best albums CoB ever made.
    But I still miss solos like in Bodom After Midnight or IYWPPFW.
    And also frozen lake Bodom as the cover art.

And btw. Some part of solo in SKO reminds me Lowberg's Bottom Of The Barrel :p

13. Charli_Anya

Charli_Anya Member

I ordered from them too. I don't think I'll be getting it for a long time.

14. MaximHateCrew

MaximHateCrew ~ Needled 24/7 ~

The same. I enjoy (to can) listening to new stuff.

15. chb

chb COB Hate Crew Member

I agree too. Its really confusing at first, but after getting to know it it really catches on. It has the weirdest breaks every now and then in all songs, but after a surprisingly short while you get to know them and feels easy to follow the rythm - espesially Jaskas crazy drumming on Ugly. Still need to figure out that way off rythm beat he does on that one though, but rest of the beats throughout the album are fairly easy to catch up on eventhough you havent learned the song fully yet. Gona be exciting to see what songs they choose for the tour :headbang:

16. Norbix

Norbix Member

!!Warning!! You will never listen to Shovel Knockout the same if you read the rest of this post!!

I can't help but laugh hysterically at 3:30-3:35 of SKO. Alexi a waaaooooooooowwww which should probably turn into a yaw or something but all I hear is "YAY!" and it's so fucking hilarious to me that it gets me every time.

17. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

Haha, now the song is hell of a lot better when I noticed that! :lol:

18. Conti

Conti Chief Conti

I know this is strange to say but I think I like this album better than HCDR. I know it's new but I just love so much of the stuff in here including the thrashy parts. They finnally figured out how to make it sound good and not stale like on the last couple albums.

19. Norbix

Norbix Member

It's not strange, I like this album better than HCDR also.

In fact, after listening for so long I like this album more than Hatebreeder overall as well. SNBN, TDE, COB, and Downfall (4 songs!) are the only songs on that album that I still listen to if they pop up on the ipod. I can see myself listening to NMF, Shovel, Roundtrip, Pussyfoot, RRF, Ugly, and WIWI (7 songs!!!) for a long long time.

I think with time people are going to appreciate the album the way it deserves.

20. FridgePack

FridgePack That Swede!

Could not resist ether. Was quite wierd actually.

Currently listening to NMF and must say it's one of the main favorites right now. =)