This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by (__Joonas__), Jul 6, 2009.

1. painjoiker

painjoiker Member

^ What samples?
    I've only heard that "Shovel Knockout" track :s

2. Norbix

Norbix Member

The ipod app video thing with the producer and alexi talking over a song(s) from the new album. The solo from that video alone is enough for me to confirm my faith in the album at least being "better" than AYDY and BD.

3. Crzy_Aus

Crzy_Aus Crazy Violin Guy

what multiple disappointments from overly high expectations of upcoming products have taught me over the years is one simple rule: don't believe it till you hear it. So, I'll respectably reserve my judgment for now.

Not an unreasonable guess, since every album since HCDR has followed its model, to various degrees of success. IMO, HCDR is one of those "breaking point" albums where the change in direction of a band's work becomes apparent (for better of for worse).

4. jurgens

jurgens Children Of Decadence

Anyone noticed that new Yngwie Malmsteen albums is called "Relentless" :lol:

5. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

[​IMG]

There's also some emo band with a new album Reckless and Relentless coming out soon. Something weird going on. Is that the same building with the windows as the factory in the Trashed, Lost & Strungout promo pics and video?

[​IMG]

6. Necroraven

Necroraven Member

COB is plagiarizing emo bands and Yngwie! Is the new album going to be emo with neo-classical solos :yow:

7. WilDChilDx

WilDChilDx New Metal Member

That sounds fucking weird

8. ChockeHoldTerror

ChockeHoldTerror Survived Lake Bodom

omg i love that band , they called are asking alxandria , they have awsome growls and screams ! only thing that they have shitty placyback trance .
    here listen :

but you might (99%) not love them . :D

#1868 ChockeHoldTerror, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  9. (__Joonas__)

The two things they've said they will never be. Now This is surprising! :rolleyes:

Fucking emo bands I hate you I hate you go away! :cry:

The net is teeming with false half-arsed information now, such as:

As for the material itself, the songs on Relentless Reckless Forever are apparently going to be the group’s best yet in terms of song writing, technical skill, and energy in general. The three track names that have been released are “Was It Worth It?”, “Pussyfoot Miss Suicide”, and “Ugly”. A music video for the single “Was It Worth It” was filmed earlier in October.

I've yet to hear the band say it's gonna be better than FTR or HB in terms of "songwriting, technical skill and energy in general." Other than that, at least based on Shovel KO I guess it's fair to expect that... still no-one should have the freedom to state such things.

Fucking Sherlocks post this false information everywhere as they take the original article text and try to edit it to state some things a bit with different terms, and it ends up being false. Someone quoted the band saying "we were working super hard to make it our heaviest recording ever" when in reality they said "best" recording.

10. Ess en

Ess en Member

If the fact that you've all been discussing the grammer of three words on an internet message board doesn't tell you guys that you are all fucking nerds, I don't know what does. D=

I'm indifferent concerning the title.

11. bodombabe

bodombabe New Metal Member

Don't know if this has been posted but it's some clips from the new album

#1871 bodombabe, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  12. (__Joonas__)

Ah good someone cut it like that, it's better so you don't need to always reel away the interview parts. Been listening to that a hell of a lot and it really wipes floor with the last three albums.

13. jurgens

jurgens Children Of Decadence

COPLETE SH*T! I just can amaze them how thoes emeo bands can come up with THAT STUPID song titles. I love thoes gay chrous.

And still the video from that interview witch was on iphone isnt available?

14. o1-deathbyorder

There is a fragment (0:7-0:17) of this track which kinda reminds me of the Chours of BBT, with the vocals following a descending chord progression.- \\Awesome//

15. (__Joonas__)

The "BBT chorus harmony" is at 1:05, but I guess the chorus in Shovel feels kinda similar. Man I can't wait to hear the entire song.

16. WilDChilDx

WilDChilDx New Metal Member

Wtf is this shit?

personally, I like the part at 0:17, But yeah at 1:05 remind me a lot Bodom Beach Terror.

17. o1-deathbyorder

I got confuesd :guh: Yeah, it sound like there is some fast shit going on with Janne and Alexi! :D

18. tonsa92

tonsa92 Member

Ummm, are there any other songs or fragments i can hear, except that shovel knockout frags i already heard?

19. ChockeHoldTerror

ChockeHoldTerror Survived Lake Bodom

I'm glad that children brought the melodies back , though blooddrunk has some great ideas and great song

20. (__Joonas__)

They brought the melodies back, and with that their rhythm and drum work sounds more interesting in general (the rhythm guitar riffs and drums in the Shovel KO samples are ultra catchy) and most importantly there's the COB atmosphere again, so.. I'm pretty damn excited.. can't wait to blast this song and see what else they've got.. gonna be the most played CD for next year that's for sure.. Only a few weeks and we'll have the first single track all to ourselves ;)

I remember I had too high expectations for AYDY so when I heard it I thought huh?! and with Blooddrunk I was only blown by 3 songs and 'satisfied' with 2 and unimpressed with 4 tracks on the album which just felt too boring and predictable. Same will probably be with this album, I'm prepared not to even like 4 songs, but if there's a few mega songs and a few semi-mega songs then holy vittu we're happy to be living in this moment.