This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Reverb your Face mix

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by Erratic, May 24, 2011.

1. Erratic

Erratic Member

My first client came in Sunday to track all guitars and today I found some time to finish the mix and I wanted to have an opinion about it. It's a really verby mix because that's what the customer asked and I think it suits the music anyway. (Think Mithras)

Drums are The Metal Foundry and bass is Direct Bass 2.0 I used Le456 for guitars and iirc Orange and Marshall cabs impulses.

This is meant to be a demo for the band.
    I opted for a non-brickwalled master.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khoph190yylkmpx/Blighted Paradise.mp3

2. Loki Laufeyiarson

My humble opinion:
    Unless there the vocals are still to be recorded, I feel there needs some stuff to happen in the center. Either grit up the bass, or move some of the guitarparts in. And because everything else is pretty verby, the drums sounds really, really dry. They could use some reverb as well.

Other then that it sounds pretty good to me.

3. Erratic

Erratic Member

Funny how there is 3 reverb on my drums tho, as for the center field you are right, vocals will be recorder by the signer who lives in Boston so I have to wait bit until I can mix that `:/

Thanks!