This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RIP Neil Peart of Rush

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Fixxer315, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Fixxer315

Fixxer315 Member

It is with a sad and heavy heart to inform those who haven't heard that Neil Peart, legendary drummer for the band Rush passed away on Tuesday after a 3 year battle with cancer.

Bravewords.com Story

Words cannot express how much Rush has been a part of my life for well over three decades. I started as a fan in the mid 80's with the album Power Windows, and I've been going strong ever since. They were the first band I eve saw live (Hold Your FIre Tour, 1988) and I've seen them sixteen times--at least once one every tour from 1988 through 2015.

A key part of the attraction towards Rush has been the amazing lyrics written by Neil. He really spoke to a confused and alienated teen like myself, with songs like Subdivisions, Emotion Detector and The Pass reaching to my very soul. And of course, there was the amazing drumwork, which really shone in the live shows. Even when it was clear that Neil had lost his appetite for touring, he certainly delivered 100% on stage, even to the last tour, which was a truly fitting end to the band--far more fitting than any "Farewell Tour" where everyone knows the band would reunite if the money was good. Here, everyone knew it was the end even if the band didn't announce it until well after the tour was over.

RIP to The Professor. May you have great drum duels in the sky with Buddy Rich, Keith Moon, John Bohnam and others.

CiG likes this.
  2. CiG

CiG The Grand Calculation

One of his best solos. RIP!

3. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

Gutted..... my favorite drummer of my favorite band.

4. Purveyor Of Evil

Purveyor Of Evil Heavy Metal, INC.

This absolutely rips my heart out.

5. NorseBlood

NorseBlood franks n steins

Terrible news. He made a lot of people happy with his music.

6. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

7. Kez

Kez pronounced Keez

Still having a hard time with this. A terrible loss.

8. MeTuLHeD

MeTuLHeD A Member To Remember

Not just a great metal drummer...a great drummer...period.

Watched his Buddy Rich Big Band Tribute concert the day he died. I was reminded forcefully just what an amazing talent we lost.