This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Roster update (Day 1) & more...

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Harvester, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Blackcastle

Blackcastle New Metal Member

2. NorseBlood

NorseBlood franks n steins

When you come you will have a good time, and I predict you will be back again. Most of the time Glenn's replacement bands are equal to or better than the ones originally scheduled to play. For example, in my first year to attend the festival (PPUSA XV) Thought Chamber was scheduled to be the opening band for Friday. I can't even remember what their excuse for cancelling was other than it seemed really lame. The replacement band was a band from Greece called NEED, and NEED hit it out of the park. I mean they were REALLY good. It was a memorable replacement, and a highlight of that year's festival for me.

You will come back from the festival with some good memories. If you become a festival regular you will recognize many of the same faces, and if you do it right you will have made some festival friends from previous years that you look forward to seeing again. Have fun, and if if you plan on partying much then Glenn's advice would be "it is a marathon not a sprint, so pace yourself accordingly". That reminds me, whatever became of Nanners?

3. TlalocFJCV

TlalocFJCV Member

I full support Glen and the other dudes involved in running this great fest, I am attending PP since 2008 from Mexico City, it is like a vacation time for me, even some years like this one I really don't care much about most ot the bands playing, this year I really want to see Orden Ogan again an one of my legends faves Jag Panzer, but the main reason I keep attending no matter what band is playing or not is the environment of this fastantic festival, every year I go to Atlanta to see some friends, to meet again my friend Mr. Ernesto Araya from Sausalito (it is a shame this year restaurant is not there anymore), to have a chance to say Hello to Jen and Gleen and give them my Little present in a form of a Tequila Bottle to say thanks for keep running PP. I am a big metal fan, some years back I was really excited to see see DREAN EVIL or HIBRIA but suddenly there where not at PP like some bands this year, so I tough, as long as my Friends are there, it will be a great fest too.

Best regards from Mexico City for all attending at PP this year.

Francisco

4. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

From Milton Mendonça, PPUSA Day 1 and 2 co-promotor via Facebook:
    "Most of you know the kind of year we've had... so we will be addressing the crowd regarding the future of Days 1&2 on Thursday, immediately following the Galneryus' set.
    Thanks to all as always for the support!"

Blackcastle likes this.
  5. manowarrules

manowarrules New Metal Member

So, what is the final 1st day line-up and set times?

6. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

From http://progpowerusa.com/event-info/ :

Gold Badge Pickup - 1:30-3:30pm
    VIP Doors Open - 3:00pm
    General & Gold Badge Doors Open - 3:30pm
    While Heaven Wept - 4:00-5:00pm
    Theocracy - 5:30-6:30pm
    Sanctuary - 7:00-8:30pm
    Insomnium - 9:15pm-close