This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sampling a real Acoustic Drumkit

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by EachHit, Jun 13, 2015.

1. EachHit

EachHit ScytheBeast

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to sample a real Drumkit and use this for a Midi programmed Drumtrack later.

I have done some Sample Replacements and Enhancements but I am not sure how this would work when creating a Drumtrack just from Midi and Samples without any Library. I am familar with Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer and SSD4.

Maybe someone can give me some links or tips what I need to lear and to do to be able to create a Drumtrack just from my sampled Kit.

Heavy Greetz

2. BearOnGuitar

BearOnGuitar Member

There's a program called DrumGizmo that lets you create drumkits from your own samples. Unfortunately it's Win only so I haven't yet had a chance to try it out for myself to see how well it actually works. http://www.drumgizmo.org/wiki/doku.php?id=about

3. EachHit

EachHit ScytheBeast

That looks interesting. Just viewed a few videos on YouTube and I may try that out when I found out how to create all the Samples needen for the DrumGizmo File.

I also was thinking if I couldn't sample my own Drumkit with Trigger 2 from Slate. But I guess there won't be an easy and time saving method for what I wanna do.

Heavy Greetz

4. abt

abt BT

I'd use Kontact or Battery.

5. Daunt

Daunt Member

You can use the Trigger Instrument Editor.

#5 Daunt, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  6. EachHit

EachHit ScytheBeast

I use the Trigger Instrument Editior all the Time for layering my Original Snare with own recorded Samples. But mostly only with a few Hard Hits.
    Never tried it with Tons of different Velocities.
    Maybe I should try that but I haven't really found any good Tutorials where it's explained how to make Use of Trigger 2 and the Instrument Editior in a way so that you could use it like Superior Drummer 2 or SSD4 for Example.

Heavy Greetz

7. MoTang

MoTang Member

This is very inefficient, but hypothetically I think what you could do is create your own mutlisamples with Trigger Instrument Editor.

Then, with some drum sampler, just program a midi part, but then replace 100% the snare, toms, and kicks with your own samples with Trigger?

Is this what you want to do?

8. EachHit

EachHit ScytheBeast

What I may wanna do is to be able to use my whole Drumkit kinda like Superior Drummer. But I guess that is way to complex to Sample all that Stuff sample it later on with Slate Trigger after using the Instrument Editor from Slate. I am often using Snare, Kick and Tom Samples with Trigger.

It would be cool if you could create your own Superior Kits thou. But I guess it is a hell lotta work to cut all the needed samples.

Heavy Greetz

9. abt

abt BT

Watch Sam Pura's creative live course. It's not that hard.