This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Satyricon's New Album...

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by Sonnenritter, Aug 17, 2002.

1. Sonnenritter

Sonnenritter Active Member

I downloaded the two samples from their page, and I have to say, while it's not as bad as one would think, it's still terrible. I'm not sure about the other tracks on this album, but neither had blast beats and were rather weak compared to all previous efforts. All I can really say about this is they need to take the Emperor way out. At least Emperor acknowledged they started to suck, despite the great guitar work.

2. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Watcher of the Storm

Denver, Colorado, United States of Arrogance
    yeh, i agree. i downloaded the two samples and it was shit. i have the full song of repine bastard natino or whatever from the ten horns compilation and its not very good. very industrial.

and emperor never started suck, they just felt they had done what they wanted to do. Prometheus is awesome.

3. Nate The Great

Nate The Great What would Nathan do?

Emperor never played one bad note. If we wouldn't have known anything other than Prometheus from Emperor, that album would be hailed as a classic.

As far as Satyricon goes . . . I haven't heard the new stuff yet. I hope it's not as bad as you guys make it out to be. I'd be very surprised to see Satyr take the commercial route. Is he simply heading down a different path (i.e. 'Grand Declaration of War').

4. MotherNorth

MotherNorth By God Forsaken

I think that what I heard from Volcano (Repined Bastard Nation and Fuel For Hatred) lacks background..... infact they don't have behind vocals the typical Satyricon's ultradistorted guitar background that made their songs complete. They're too empty for my ear.... the lyrics (especially that of Repined Bastard Nation) is shouted like a slogan (and I'd prefer a melody for the vocals too...). Anyway my heart tells me to give another possibility to Satyr (I can't forget what he did in the past and how he changed my life) and so, before telling an ultimate sentence about Volcano, I wanna hear the rest of the traklist (always hoping in a change)

5. Voice of God

Voice of God Harmless Bum

I kinda liked the sample songs. They don't sound like Satyricon though... IMO both songs had riffs that were "too clear" for Satyricon sound. But good nevertheless.

6. MacMoney

MacMoney Member

Satyricon have almost always been bad and Volcano is as poor as Rebel Extravaganza which is very poor indeed. And yes, Emperor did suck.

7. The Wanderer

Satyricon has put some good stuff. Shadowthrone and Nemesis Divina are awesome records.

8. MacMoney

MacMoney Member

Nope, just freaking pissed off.

9. MacMoney

MacMoney Member

That is quite impossible to do through the internet.

10. Alfonso

Alfonso What a member!

The new songs sound a lot like that Turbonegro cover they did... I like Turbonegro, but I don't wanna see Satyricon sound like that, since they have the talent to make something much more complex...

11. The Wanderer

dude, no its not. i saw that shit in a movie man. all kinds of dudes got fucked up.

12. Mocika

Mocika Root Of All Evil

SATYRICON drummer Frost recently commented on the album's musical direction by saying that "I perceive Volcano as a very dark, eerie and powerful album. Something I find to be really strange about Volcano is that all the songs are sounding very different, yet there is one distinct feeling that is present in all of them. Musical direction? Black metal, created and performed with the unmistakable quality and authority of SATYRICON."

so, after listening that two songs, it seems not to be true? :confused:

i liked the Turbonegro cover as a cover song but not as a Satyricon song.

13. MotherNorth

MotherNorth By God Forsaken

I read what Frost said in the web interview on their official site.... when I read it I had only listened to Repined Bastard Nation, and so, believing him, I imagined that all the other songs of the album were different from this one and I hoped on something more medieval and atmospheric (you know how I love their first album....). But hearing Fuel For Hatred I don't think it's not possibile anymore.... Anyway I still hope in a return to grim and atmospheric black metal, in other words the real and original spirit of Satyricon.

14. Profano

Profano BRAZILIAN METAL HORDES

"Several underground artists have commented on SATYRICON’s Volcano album. Here’s what they had to say. According to ENSLAVED’s Ivar Peersen, “The Angst-soaked aura of this album is omnipresent; riffs, drum-patterns, lyrics and layout. Anja Garbarek's performance on ‘Black Lava’ is already a classic in my ears. There's a weirdness here which makes me feel very much at home.” Says David Vincent (THE GENITORTURES, ex-MORBID ANGEL), “I'm very impressed. This is in my opinion the best work you have done. The instrumentation is brilliant. The production sounds wonderful. I am proud to be a fan.” From CADAVER INC.’s Anders Odden, “This album shows the originality of Satyricon in their approach to music, and will go down as a metal classic of this decade!” Bard “Faust’ Eithun (EMPEROR - R.I.P.) says, “Even though Satyricon have slowed down considerably on their latest album, the diversity in music is bigger than before. In my ears, this is their best release to date and whereas the mere black metal element is not so present as earlier, they have taken extremity to a new level that will probably take them fully up into the mainstream daylight.” “Another black gem from Satyricon! For the rest of us to envy”, says THORNS’ Snorre Ruch. AMEN’s Casey Chaos comments, “Satyricon is one of the most important Black Metal bands Norway has ever produced. And this album can do for the metal scene what "At The Drive In did for EMO.”"

[​IMG]