This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Searching for PPUSA Attendee who does metal clothing...

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by JenniferLynn, Oct 15, 2008.

1. JenniferLynn

JenniferLynn AKA Irish

I spoke with Fabio last night and he's looking to get in touch but can't find the business card given to him in the airport by a woman who makes metal clothing...

Does anyone know who she is or if she could shoot me a PM - it would be much appreciated!!!

2. J-Man

J-Man Old as Yoda

Her forum name is Metalseamtress I think.

3. AMBR

AMBR Metal Grandma

It was probably my roomie at Progpower, Metalseamstress, aka Cristen. Is this her?

[​IMG]
    If so, send me a PM and I'll put you guys in touch.

edit: Or you can message her through her MySpace page.

4. JenniferLynn

JenniferLynn AKA Irish

I'm not entirely sure but I'll shoot this over to Fabio n' see!!! Fabio did mentioned that he met her and her husband and took pics with them and Elvenking as they all made their way to their planes...

Thanks for the responses guys!!!

5. Bear

Bear Got Shred??

Cristen is not married, so that may not be her.... Trying to recall the other lady that makes metal clothes??? hmmmm

Bear

6. JenniferLynn

JenniferLynn AKA Irish

Fabio thinks that's her Ambr - mondo thanks!!!! He's getting in touch with her thru her MySpace :)

7. MetalRose

MetalRose ProgPower EMT

JenniferLynn-

I also make clothing, I made my skirt, corsets, long sleeve sweater and much of what I wore over PP weekend. If Fabio can't get in touch with who he's looking for, he can shoot me an email and I can see if I can help him. :)

I've still got my sewing machine out and am working on more corsets and a few jackets. :)

-Metal

8. AMBR

AMBR Metal Grandma

Hey Metal Rose, do you do t-shirt adjustments? I've got all these cool metal t-shirts that are just too big. Sure would be great to be able to wear them for something other than sleeping.

9. MetalRose

MetalRose ProgPower EMT

I certianly can! I can either do a straight adjustment or I can alter the design a bit and give it character.

Ie I can add a hood, make it long sleeve, etc. The Long sleeve hoodie I had on over the weekend is just 3 tee shirts, white thread and a little bit of scrap material.

I can also do a total redesign of the shirt to make it into halter tops, skirts, pillows or pillow cases, cuffs, checkbook covers, backpacks, quilts, dolls, etc. Right now, I'm re purposing a tee shirt as a corset. I have the pattern cut and should have it done in the next week or so.

Most of my tee shirt transforms are sewn by hand as I find for the most part, it's easier that machine sewing.

-Metal

10. AMBR

AMBR Metal Grandma

Awesome! I have at least 3 ProgPower shirts and a Sweden Rock shirt I'd love to have altered so I could actually wear them someplace other than to bed. :lol:

Not sure what I want, though. You have any photos of designs or something that is similar? I don't know where to even begin. I know I'd like to have at least one long sleeved. That would be cool. Maybe we should talk via email?

ooo ooo, I also have this very unique Nightwish shirt I picked up in Kitee, Finland during the Once release party. I would love to have that fitted and made long-sleeved

11. MetalRose

MetalRose ProgPower EMT

AMBR

You've got email. :)

-MetalRose

12. MetalSeamstress

Yes love, I am Cristen the Metal Seamstress. I gave Fabio(Pathosray)my last card and I and Raven(not my husband hehe) took pics at the airport with the guys from Elvinking and Pathosray, great bunch of guys and musicians.

My email cristen at metalseamstress dot com to get a hold of me...
    and also at my web site metalseamstress dot com, metalseamstress on my space

PS:Thank you my friends who know who I am and what I do.....anything
    you name it.

Cheers!....Cristen

13. MetalSpice

MetalSpice A slave who forever rocks

Both of the corsets that I saw you wearing this year were Faaaaabulous, darling!
    Nice work! You rule.

14. MetalSpice

MetalSpice A slave who forever rocks

Thanks for the link.
    Nice stuff, indeed.
    I may have to hit you up sometime for a new costume for the Bristol Renaissance Faire next year.
    I've made a few bellydancing costumes, but that's easy.
    I need something new for next year.