This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Self-Promotion Thread

Discussion in 'Australia Metal Scene' started by mattt, Nov 9, 2003.

1. TinMan666

TinMan666 Member

See the sig.

If anyone wants a listen to my little home demo.. *cough*, i mean the first e-single from my solo album, click the pic y0.

If ya like it feel free to post a review or somethink.

cheers.

2. MetalMitch

MetalMitch Drunkard

3. Sweaty

Sweaty New Metal Member

Not sure if this is posted in the right spot, but here it is anyway. DREADNAUGHT have our last couple of shows until April, coming up in
    January, so get your asses down there and bang your fuckin head.

This Saturday 14th January @ Revolver (Chapel St Prahan), with THE DEADLY and RESISTICA.

Thursday 26th January @ Rollover (The Palace, St. Kilda), with PEEPING TOM and CREECH.

Sweaty

www.dreadnaught.com.au

4. moshmonkey666

moshmonkey666 moshmonkey666

Hey everyone!

I am writing for a new Irish punk/metal magazine called Fuck The Scene, we are mainly focussed on un-signed/underground bands, everyone needs a fair chance! so to get to the point, if you want your bands demo/album reviewed in the magazine simpley e-mail me at darkerdaysfestival@yahoo.ie and we can sort something out, you will also receive a free copy of the magazine when it comes out, hopefully in mid-late febuary!

cheers for reading

Hugh

5. Roddy

Roddy New Metal Member

Gday Sweaty....

6. Brutal_Torso_Dissection

Brutal_Torso_Dissection New Metal Member

7. The Amazer

The Amazer Member

if anyone's interested in

NEW WAVE OF HEAVY ROCKABILLY DISCO POP (NWOHRDP) then I have the RIGHT BAND FOR YOU!

Even though I'm the only one in it. I'm fucking good though:

http://www.myspace.com/lancelazer

New songs will be uploaded when I get a new soundcard! Woo!

8. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

OK I'm gonna finally listen to this crazy shiat you keep talking about, dude:p

Edit: Strange kid...

9. The Amazer

The Amazer Member

Haha, but you've heard nothing like it before, have you?

P.S... it is no longer NWOHRDP, it is now ROCK & ROLL SUNSHINE!

10. Dreathus

Dreathus Blast Death Dick

Everyone please go to www.unburied.r8.org or www.myspace.com/unburied and check out my band UNBURIED. Our sound is a creole od Death, Black, thrash, Grind, Doom, and Groove. All three of our albums are available for download as well as a whole concert and 2 brand new demo tracks. Check us out and let me know what you think.

Dreathus (Guitar, UNBURIED)

11. Dreathus

Dreathus Blast Death Dick

I know these posts are lame but oh well!!

Everyone please go to www.unburied.r8.org or www.myspace.com/unburied and check out my band UNBURIED. Our sound is a creole od Death, Black, thrash, Grind, Doom, and Groove. All three of our albums are available for download as well as a whole concert and 2 brand new demo tracks. Check us out and let me know what you think.

Dreathus (Guitar, UNBURIED)

12. Mechailus

Mechailus Member

NE OBLIVISCARIS

Greetings all,

Initally formed in 2003, Ne Obliviscaris are a 6 piece metal band from Melbourne, Australia consisting of 2 guitars, bass, drums, dual vocals, and violin. Including a vast array of influences within their sound from black to progressive, thrash, death and melodic metal, and even western art music, they create music of many extremes including darkness, light, intensity, melody, brutality and beauty. At times very technical and complex and at others simple and subtle, Ne Obliviscaris create an extremely original brand of metal which defies normal categorisation.

They had their first show on February 23rd, 2006 and Gary Carson from PBS Radio's leading metal show 'Screaming Symphony' hailed Ne Obliviscaris' live debut saying:

"Can I just say here to everybody that Ne Obliviscaris is the BEST band debut I have seen from a local outfit ever. Not to put any pressure but this was just totally mind-blowing. I am shocked."

The last few months they've played many shows with the likes of Truth Corroded, Minus Life, Alarum, The Eternal, Lycanthia, Elegeion, Kania and so forth...next gig will see them alongside Gospel of the Horns in July.

They've recently been confirmed to play in Sydney at the The Funeral Moon festival in September.

Below you can find rehearsal audio samples:
    Temp website: http://www.myspace.com/neobliviscaris

Forum: http://www.sinister.com.au/_forum/index.php?showforum=52

13. Dän

Dän Guest

^ I like that very much. Look forward to hearing an EP or something with better quality recording
    That last song on their is really, really good :kickass:

14. Mechailus

Mechailus Member

Thank you Danallica, a demo/promo CD will be recorded in a few months and we'll be looking at recording our album in early 2007...as 3/4 of it is written already.

Cheers.

15. Dän

Dän Guest

Nice, look forward to it

16. Mechailus

Mechailus Member

We will be playing at The War Room (Enigma Bar) on August 25th, if you're interested...

17. Dän

Dän Guest

You know Im there mate :kickass:
    are you dudes headlining or is another band?

edit - nevermind, just checked out your myspace, playing with art in exile and absentia with headliner tba, Im hopin the headliner is a cranker :headbang:

double edit - healiner is imminent psycosis - haha fuck yeh :kickass:

18. Atheny

Atheny Member

Metal/Rock/Jazz/Folk/Alternative Violinist Available for Session Work

Quickly gaining a reputation as one of the leading alternative violinists in the country, I have been studying violin classically since the age of 6 (I am 24 now), have studied with some of the best violin teachers across Australia and I will be completing a Bachelor of Music (majoring in performance) this October.

I perform as part of the Melbourne based progressive/extreme/melodic metal band Ne Obliviscaris where my unique violin style that combines virtuosity with style and a contemporary feel has been lauded by many. I also play in an instrumental jazz trio with Brendan Brown (Bassist for Ne Obliviscaris) and Scott Young (Guitarist for Alarum), perform classically on a regular basis, and am in high demand as a session violinist here in Australia and overseas.

As well as being very advanced technically, I am an advanced improviser, a quick learner and a very musical performer with a great understanding of all styles of music from rock, metal, jazz, fusion, folk, classical, electronica and hip hop.

I have several examples of my playing on my personal myspace site (found here: http://myspace.com/atheny ) including a live recording of a classical composition of my own, an improvisation based on an Indian raga as well as an excerpt from a song by my band, Ne Obliviscaris, and a live video as well.

Anyone interested in utilising my services can contact me on: atheny@gmail.com

Any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Sincerely,

Tim Charles (aka Atheny)

19. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Shouldn't I be bagging you out and picking apart your post line by line right about now?

... oh wait, that's that OTHER forum! ;)

:p

Good luck with it all, dude! :)

20. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Hehe everything's pretty friendly around here. :)