This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Seventh Wonder new album * LAST UPDATE: 10/04/17

Discussion in 'Seventh Wonder' started by Kazar, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Kazar

Kazar SW-moderator

Here's a little update about the new studio album, taken from an interview Andreas recently (09/08) did:

- The style/sound of the new album is 'Waiting In The Wings'-ish, but with a different feeling because of Stefan's drumming/influence (don't worry though, the typical Seventh Wonder 'formula' will remain)! .
    - Stefan is done with the drums, Kyrrrt is 4-5 songs in, and Andreas will start recording bass in a couple of days.
    - Tommy will start recording vocals in early fall.
    - The new album will probably be mixed in November, with HOPEFULLY a release in January.
    - 'Inner Enemy' (and 'The Promise') will not be on the new album!

Kez likes this.
  2. Kez

Kez pronounced Keez

Thanks for the update, Kazar. Nice to have progress being reported!

Kazar likes this.
  3. Kazar

Kazar SW-moderator

Kez likes this.
  4. Kazar

Kazar SW-moderator

Andreas posted a new message and video as well!

Check it out here:

Andreas:
    "Hey, Hey!
    A little message and some music from the SW5-recordings.
    //AndreasB
    P.s.
    As always, I talk too much - the music starts at 1:20!

Kez likes this.
  5. Kazar

Kazar SW-moderator

6. Kazar

Kazar SW-moderator

Here's a little update from Andreas regarding the recording of the new album:
    "....We are well under way and have virtually most instrument tracking done.
    A few more tracks to go, some leads and then all vocals (and mixing, mastering and artwork) - then we're done!
    I promise you a great album and some other album-related updates soon!...."

Kez likes this.
  7. USaK

USaK New Metal Member

Thank you Kazer.(and HAPPY NEW YEAR!)
    I can't wait!!

8. Kazar

Kazar SW-moderator

Here's another (bigger) update from Andreas regarding the recordings of the new album:

"Hey friends!
    I am sure you must be wondering what's going on. Here are a few updates:
    As you probably saw the other day Johan posted that all the rhythm guitars are done, and that is a big milestone.
    The other instruments have been done a while, except the leads for the keys.
    Tommy has again been out and about, not to mention the Ayreon-record and being on tour with Kamelot. When he gets back him and me are going to finalize the lyrics before we start recording the vocals.
    Tommy has worked through most of the vocal melodies and we have been trying to find the best feel for each song and making sure they fit what they are trying to tell.

Meanwhile we are working on tons of great artwork concept with the multi-talented Johan Larsson and our good friend Oyvind from Withem is working on getting the best sound we can get.

We are always trying to push ourselves a bit with each new record, trying something new while staying true to our formula. This time we did something really cool that I am happy to share with you. Stefan brought out the congas and bongo drums and went all percussion on us for a Tommy-penned track that I believe is going to turn out great.

I'll share a few snippets from the bass recordings for that track with you, just to give you an idea of the feel of the song. It is definitely a new thing for us!
    For those of you who might be fellow bass players out there I have to confess this was some of the most difficult stuff I have ever been forced to do with huge jumps and string-skipping from hell. It is a great challenge to venture into new musical landscapes and by pushing yourslef you always grow.

Don't give up on us - there is one hell of an album on the way, I promise!

//AndreasB"

Here's the video Andreas is talking about:

Kez and subwaytosally18642 like this.
  9. subwaytosally18642

subwaytosally18642 New Metal Member

Yay, this made my day! I'm writing an exam today and it's tedious to sit writing all day, so getting an update from one my favourite bands is very welcome.

10. Kez

Kez pronounced Keez

EAGERLY anticipating this! Thanks for the update!

LerxstGirl likes this.
  11. Kazar

Kazar SW-moderator

Today, Stefan posted this great update on FB:

"Hey friends…

Thought I´d share some unique outsider/insider thoughts here since you guys and I have this in common: none of us performed on any of the previous SW albums! In other words, the part of me that is a huge SW fan is awaiting the next record just as eagerly as you are. What we do not have in common, however, is that I now know the title of the new album, I have seen the artwork, I have heard all the music and as of last night, I have heard the first complete song (which I also know the title of!!). Mixed, with vocals! Yup!:)

Let me tell you this: As pleased as I am with my drum parts, the brilliant level of musicianship from my brothers in the band is completely unreal! And Tommy´s vocals are so god damn good it will literally blow your mind! I couldn´t sleep last night, I just listened to it over and over and over ´til my wife had to stop me.. hahaha..

That being said, brace yourselves, people, ´cuz SW5 is thundering towards you and it will be out of this world (…almost literally…;-) )

/Stefan"

12. Kez

Kez pronounced Keez

Thanks for the news update, Kazar. Not checking in with Facebook much these days, so it's good to have you passing along the news bits.

Hope they can share SOMETHING soon!

Kazar likes this.