This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shattered Skies - Muted Neon

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Mardoch, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

New Shattered Skies coming out next month! The new singer still isn't the old one, but this guy is still quite good all the same. Shut-in is a great track so I'm pretty excited to see what the whole album's gonna have for us.

2. Kilroy Murdoch

Shut in is a great tune! Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album. i think the new singer works well with the sound they're evolving into. Some of the riffs are reminiscent of an Alvestam-era Scar Symmetry, albeit being overall way more accessible and lighter.

Mardoch likes this.
  3. The Surfing Alien

Sounds good, if not quite amazing. I am glad they are continuing.

4. Mardoch

An in-studio playthrough of Shut In:

5. johnhead

johnhead Member

you and I are the two biggest SS fans I know - so I am as hyped for this as you. I love the djent style so this is right in my wheelhouse.

Mardoch likes this.
  6. nanohead2001

nanohead2001 New Metal Member

I love these guys too. Ian Rockett's guitar is super unique, and I do like the new vocalist too. Their last album was good and I bought it, but it didn't do for me what The World We Used to Know did for me (which blew me away). Hoping this one will be really good as well

7. IanRockett

IanRockett New Metal Member

New album is out everywhere now folks! Hope you guys enjoy it :) Thanks for the long running support on here, means a lot to us:

Mardoch likes this.
  8. Mardoch

Yep, you've done it again. Killer album. Can't get enough of it, myself.

9. hoodaman

hoodaman Is it live or is it Dave?

There's so much to like about this album. There are some great chord changes, vocal harmonies, riffs and killer grooves all over this. Its pretty damn fantastic.

10. IanRockett

IanRockett New Metal Member

Thanks so much guys! It's really cool to hear reactions like this after a long time of finding our way back on track. Cheers :)

11. johnhead

johnhead Member

Yeah, it's really awesome. And I missed the album release party in London by a day :(

I will tell you I was talking to the attendees at the Haken and Leprous meet n greet in Chicago on Sat night about your album and everyone was like 'yeah, that's killer!' :) Even tried to turn on Richard from Haken!

Mardoch likes this.
  12. BrandSpragins

BrandSpragins Member

I had a hard time getting through this disc. I think I have come to the realization that I am just not a big fan of Djent. So I am not going to go on and on about this since it is not fair to review it since I don't like the style. One thing that I can say - I find the new singer to be okay - he is not on par with the old one.