This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Simplest CoB song

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by IDontKnowWhatToWrite, Jun 5, 2018.

1. IDontKnowWhatToWrite

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could give me some help with something. I finally managed to convince my dad to make a CoB cover with me. He is a really good guitarist when it comes to blues/rock or improvisation but metal isn't really his cup of tea. So I was wondering which CoB songs would be the simplest on the rythm. If the lead and solo are technical, it isn't a problem as I'll play it, but my dad would like a song which is easy to master.
    At first I thought about Are You Dead Yet? which is the simplest song I learnt from CoB, but I realized that I always learnt the lead parts, not the rythm ones. So my opinion is kind of biased.

Thanks in advance for the advices =)

Ps: It can be from any album but rather not be one of CoB covers.

2. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

The first song I ever learned from Bodom was Every Time I Die and I think it's one of their easiest songs. Certainly it's the easiest song from them that I can play (Other songs include stuff like N24/7, Children of Decadence, SNBN and Hate Me though I must say I skip the solos in all of them :D )

3. IDontKnowWhatToWrite

Everytime I die is indeed simple BUT I always screw that last lick of the solo -_-... And the introduction's lead is pretty hard to figure out.
    The rest seems pretty difficult to me actually. I mean, I do the solos, but the rythm parts may be "out of my dad's reach".

4. Inceptionist

Inceptionist It's Not My Funeral

The easiest song is gonna be Bed of Razors for both rhythm and solos

5. IDontKnowWhatToWrite

Oh right! That's a really good one!

6. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

The last part of the solo is really hard yeah. Haven't tried Bed of Razors but I've heard it's easy.

7. mrKRB64

mrKRB64 Member

That's cool you're jamming with your pops! My older brother's not that good at guitar so as Inceptionist said Bed Of Razors is probably the best song to learn as it's pretty simple and has great melodies (my parents are 70 and hate metal but still like the Irish type melody of the chorus). Either that or Was It Worth it.

8. Exedo

Exedo Member

In the Shadows is pretty easy aswell

9. VafaMottahedin

VafaMottahedin New Metal Member

Your best bets are probably Bed Of Razors, Northern Comfort, Angels Don't Kill, just off the top of my head. :D