This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Slenderman 2012 - Proggy Jazzy Metal Something

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by wutzington, Aug 9, 2012.

1. wutzington

wutzington massive member

Yo guys!

Tell me what to fix about this song/mix:

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/marwutz/slenderman-2-2012-08-09/s-EkVcH[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Comments on the performance (especially vocals) are very welcome too!

2. Ascendant

Ascendant Member

Hat sounds very separated from the rest of the kit, pull the hat in a bit towards the centre. Lots of masking going on in the low end and muddy low mids, whole mix is clipping a bit too much. I guess the guitars have this character on purpose, (despite hating the word) I guess I would describe them as "djenty", not my cup of tea but to each his own.
    Vocal performance sounds good but it's a bit repetitive and could use more feeling. The reverb on the verb heavy parts has some nasty peaks in the high mids that need to be carved out.

3. tomas_almeida

I almost never log in, but I did just to tell you that I love the song. Is it your own or a client's?

I actually like the guitars' sound. However, the low mids are indeed very muddy. I also am not very fond of the kick.

4. LBTM

LBTM Proud Behringer User

These drums sound pretty fake, try working on them!

5. wutzington

wutzington massive member

Thanks man. Wrote and performed it myself.
    Will tackle the low mid issue. Which parts in particular did you find muddy?

Guitars are played very aggressively, which gives them that character I suppose. Every other type of tone I tried didn't stick out well enough, since there's quite a lot going on in the chorus. Which parts in particular did you find low-mid muddy? Will try getting a more passionate vocal performance.

Are you bothered mostly by the tones or is it the programming? Put tons of work into the latter and I just can't seem to get it right.

6. tomas_almeida

I think the "muddist" part ranges from 3:40 to 4:15.

I will be sure to follow your work then. I'm hoping to see more tracks of this quality in the future!