This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Wait For You...

...you know you cannot hide. Join the forum today!

So whats up with the production?

Discussion in 'Nevermore' started by Sadistik, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Sadistik

Sadistik Let me die in solitude...

I haven't picked it up yet (broke), and haven't heard it yet (outside of the live setting).....................so whats wrong with the production that everyone keeps talking about?

edit: I don't know how that ended up in the NP part, but...

2. Lies and Perfidy

Lies and Perfidy Gentleman of the Road

It's very...muddy. A grunge feel. The bass is kinda buried, the drums are brittle, and the guitars fuzz a lot. Still worth a buy though.

3. Yetti

Yetti Active Member

4. Schism

Schism Evacuate, Assemble here..

Imagine throwing a blanket over your speakers, whilst listening to any of their previous albums, that is the sound you will hear ;)

5. FrostGiant

FrostGiant Mr. Pibb > Dr. Pepper

Well, it's not as bad as a blanket over your speakers. I actually like the guitar tone myself. But the drums are buried deep in the mix which makes it seem quite muffled. Also they did some weird ass thing with WDs vocals. Hard to explain, but they did something to em. But I don't think the production hurts it enough to not buy it or listen to it like some are saying.

6. DracWell

DracWell Chemical Pariah

I actually love the kick on the drums, the snare is a bit off for me though. On the other hand, I still haven't heard a snare sound I REALLY like. But hm, the guitar sound and drums are great I think, but mostly as solo instruments, they just don't fit each other that good.

7. passenger 57

passenger 57 Member

8. passenger 57

passenger 57 Member

Too bad this guy didnt get my mix version, lol im sure its floating around there somewhere, my thread got soo popular here, i ended up at guitar.com

9. FrostGiant

FrostGiant Mr. Pibb > Dr. Pepper

You didn't fucking mix anything!! Get that threw your friggin' head already.

10. Listen bitch, i have had enough of your shit. I head what passenger 57 did, i even have his...REMASTERED REMIXED VERSION HAHA, your misunderstanding what he means. He used those terms so that people that dont know anything about improving sound etc; so they would get get the idea that he had improved the sound, too bad he removed the thread, he only posted that like 10 times at the end of the thread explaining himself to sneap, it seems your the only person that gave him a hard time, while the thread had like 1,500 hits in 4 days, so i suggest you back the fuck up, and get off your high horse. Dont bother replying this, because i wont read your idiocy.

Kiss Kiss..

11. PlatypusJesus

PlatypusJesus A Dead Sun Serenity

Someone didn't want to post as himself.

12. [KOTNO]Narrot

[KOTNO]Narrot Eats and spits corpses...

13. he fucked with the eq to make it sound perfect, that's all. don't know anything about mixing or mastering, or what they are.

14. Collapse Generation

Collapse Generation Son Of November

I seriously think that the production on EoR is kind of thin sounding. And overall weird.

Dead Heart is so much better. Same applies to Dreaming...