This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

So who plays tabletop games?

Discussion in 'Bar' started by Shinozoku, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Shinozoku

Shinozoku Senior Memory

My buddy got myself and my family into D&D/Pathfinder type tabletop gaming, and we've been doing a homebrew campaign for a few months now.

Just hoping to maybe get a discussion started and test some waters. My ulterior motive is that said buddy is looking for some extra cash flow and was wondering if anyone would like to pay for a DM on demand. Also have terrain modification services.

But that aside, always fun to share stories!

2. ArsMemoria

ArsMemoria Member

Weird that this was brought up, my wife and I played our first D&D game this past weekend. Just getting into it.

3. Clockwork

Clockwork Bass playing guy.

Someone was just telling me about an article they were reading about professional DMs, crazy that people can make a living that way but it's kinda awesome!

A few of my friends do Pathfinder but I could never roleplay effectively so I mostly stuck to stuff like Warhammer/40k, Warmachine, At-43 (back when I had time for that kind of thing). I worked in a game store during highschool and people would pay me to paint their miniatures for them which was kind of fun.

4. Shinozoku

Shinozoku Senior Memory

Whoot! I had hoped I would find some gamers here! I would type up some stories to share but I'm a tad busy right now. Anyone got some awesome memories to share?

I''ll tell you one thing.. I just had a player (my wife) have her character's brain transplanted into another person's body.

5. anotherpaul

anotherpaul Member

Me and my wife have a bunch of tabletops. Nothing hardcore, mostly mainstream stuff like Arkham horror, Starcraft, Munchkin and several MtG decks. Haven't played anything for the last several months.

6. Terminus

Terminus Member

Back in the very early 90s I played one called Star Frontiers that was a ton of fun. I dabbled with one called Traveller also, not as easy to follow though. Did a bit of D&D but I was more into Sci fi than fantasy, still am.

7. Ola Englund

Ola Englund Only gay in the village

During the 90s I played Warhammer 40k. I was actually pretty fucking good at painting as well as playing it. I quit when my mom dropped the whole box of my Chaos army onto the stone floor we had, millions of model pieces scattered across the entire room. yay

8. Loren Littlejohn

Loren Littlejohn Lover of all boobage.

Really wanted to get into warhammer with my brother, but can't sell him on it.

Played MTG up till I was 25 or so. I have no clue what has happened with that game, someone showed me recent cards and I'm so out of the loop at this point.

9. bryan_kilco

bryan_kilco Member

Never got into anything like that. Played a lot of drinking games when I was like 21.

Now it's either Cards Against Humanity or Texas Hold'em.