This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Some questions to the ultra-fans

Discussion in 'Dark Tranquillity' started by storken, Aug 30, 2002.

1. MadTinus

MadTinus Language enthusiast

I just ordered it directly from the Japanese label when it was released, for 40 DM, received it within a week...

2. Alfred

Alfred Clothes-Hook

Quite the contrary. Since I had been smashing my had on the wall for the last 8 days in the desperate search of infos about a certain song on my hd called just "divine.mp3" and since at last I was lucky enough to be informed by someone that it was from the same band that had recordered that fake-dt song called "Frozen (divide)", the fact that you had kept this info available to the board (while the old thread was deleted) meant to me the chance to trace back, at last, the band and to find that song ("the divine poison", from the same ep but imo far better than "the frozen divide") with all the infos I needed to file it. Not "irrelevant" at all, don't you think? :p

Alfred (when it all fits, at last)

3. Ormir

Ormir Senior Member

Who exactly sings what on Shadow Duet has been bothering me for a long time. And I dare challenge the good Doctors view, and say that Mikael does not sing at all in the Solitude... sanctity... sanctuary... sanctum... TRANQUILLITY-part

4. Arch

Arch ‫‬**‪‫‬**҉‫‬**‪‫‬**҉ ‫‬*

I could ask a Japanese aquaintance of mine to get it from Japan. If she could get it, the quickest I can get the Japanese release is by next week.

5. rahvin

rahvin keeper of the flame

this is something that was never covered in a satisfactory way.
    i'd add to your perplexity that i feel some lines by different "shadows" are sung by the same person, and there's at least some verses that can't be attributed to either shadow, and yet they are sung by both mikael and anders.
    in some cases one shadow sings a line and then it seems like it's the same voice rebutting.

when my lyrics will be up you'll see i tried to stick to the conceptual meaning when telling apart who sings what, regardless of what my ears were telling me (bleah :yuk: ) about the voice i was hearing.

rahvin.

6. Dark_Jester

Dark_Jester Unrepentant sentient

Maybe the shadows were literally that? Stanne and Anders took off for a much needed glass of water, and left their shadows to cover the work, scarily producing the best song on Skydancer...our two beamish boys returned to find the song had mysteriously been completed in their absence, which would explain the unattributal voices...
    Could happen...

(Edited for grammar...damn it, you think I'd be able to communicate in my own language wouldn't you ;))

7. Tranquillian

Tranquillian Svartmetallist

I found The poison well on Direct Connect. And the demo and 7" in high quality. I will make myself a cd with the demo/7" and bonus tracks I think :)