This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sorcerer - Lamenting of the Innocent

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by NorseBlood, Mar 19, 2020.

1. NorseBlood

NorseBlood franks n steins

Sorcerer - Lamention of the Innocent
    available May 29, 2020

2. Comic Book Dude

Comic Book Dude Rockin'

Holy cow, these guys are on FIRE. The last two releases were stellar, and this sounds just as awesome. Must buy!

NorseBlood likes this.
  3. NorseBlood

NorseBlood franks n steins

Agreed. This is an instant buy the day its released. Something about this track reminds me of Candlemass "A Cry From The Crypt" off their Ancient Dreams album. Maybe its only a few bars from the bass line, but that's about it. Overall this track is clearly different and original. I love that it has two guitar solos. If the rest of this album is as good as this track they'll have another winner on their hands. I told Anders at the Artmore last year I thought they were better than Candlemass, but he probably didn't believe me. IMO they really are. Glenn, bring them baaaaack. \m/ :)

4. Comic Book Dude

Comic Book Dude Rockin'

Hmmm...better than Candlemass? I'm not too sure about that....Sorcerer is definitely doomy like Candlemass, but I find them more melodic. It's hard not to be when you have a singer like Andy Enberg. I think the Candlemass album that most closely resembled what Sorcerer is doing was Chapter VI, when they had Thomas Vikstrom on vocals....it was a more melodic approach for Candlemass.

Either way, both bands kick ass...it always makes me happy to hear new music from them.

5. zinescene

zinescene Member

There were so many stellar performances last year and Sorcerer was right at the top of that list for me. This sounds great, I can't wait to hear the new album. I don't think they are Candlemass "elite" level yet but they keep releasing CD's as good as the last two then they will definately be spoken in the same breath as Candlemass.

Tags: