This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sorcerer - The Crowning Of The Fire King

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by TheLongshot, Oct 25, 2017.

1. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

This appeared on YouTube for me today, and I gotta say it is pretty cool. My impression is that it sounds like Johnny Gioeli fronting a Doom Metal band.

2. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

That sounded pretty damn good. I might need to check out some more of their material.

3. Comic Book Dude

Comic Book Dude Rockin'

Johnny Gioeli? Johnny is a really good singer, but Anders Engberg is one of the BEST. These last two Sorcerer albums ( this and In The Shadow Of The Inverted Cross) sound to me like a more doomy version of Tony Martin fronted Black Sabbath. Awesome stuff.

4. CASSETTEISGOD

CASSETTEISGOD Vacant Explorer on an Unraveling Course

Their older stuff is much better, bit let down by their new record tbh.

5. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

I admit, I've never heard any of the Tony Martin Black Sabbath stuff, but I could easily imagine Dio singing this stuff.

6. LarryD

LarryD Member

Andy carries this disc right where it needs to be......great, no nonsense, melodic doom metal but not as slow as your basic doom music...... And yes to the Tony Martin era,Sabbath, I can hear that as well. Really good disc for what it is, and Andy takes it to another level.

Felixrox likes this.
  7. Felixrox

Felixrox Member

Sorcerer Shadow of the Inverted Cross is where i got on board with this band and that album still gets regular rotation today........just got the new album and what little I have gotten thru it is very good....yes, different from the first but well done.

8. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

9. NorseBlood

NorseBlood aka steel_templar

You can buy this at Bandcamp & get it in MP3 and FLAC.

10. LarryD

LarryD Member

How does this measure up to Shadow of the Inverted Cross ? This one is outstanding -- is that one better or as good ?

11. Comic Book Dude

Comic Book Dude Rockin'

Easily as good, if not better. I think it's a little more varied than the new one....a few more "faster" songs. They are both fantastic releases, though....you can't go wrong with either one.

12. LarryD

LarryD Member

Well then I'm buying !!!!! Thanks !!!!!! This new disc really has me hooked big time ........ having two of this caliber will keep me happy for some time ...... and I've always said that Andy Engberg has to be one of the most underrated and talked about singers ever. The guy just keeps getting better and better each and every release. And he was fantastic to begin with, way back in the Twilight days........

NorseBlood likes this.
  13. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

14. BrandSpragins

BrandSpragins Member

I bought this one based on all of the reviews here. I must not like doom at all. I can't say I have ever listened to a doom band but with all the rav reviews - I bought this one. I just don't like it. Very well done - no doubt - vocals are great - lead solos are awesome but the plodding pace and the slower delivery make it hard for me to enjoy. Production is awesome. This one is just me - I can say now - I don't like doom.

Brand