This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sparzanza - untitled

Discussion in 'Metal Reviews' started by Mark, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Mark

Mark Not blessed, or merciful

Sparzanza - untitled
    Self-released - 2001
    By Mark

This three-track EP, a follow-up to their last demo release, kicks off with 'Silverbullet', with the kind of riff you can only play with a low-slung guitar, head down, thrashing away wildly. This is full-speed fuzzrawk, the kind of music Sparzanza excels at.
    'Be Myself' slows it down a notch, but not by much. Imagine Sabbath with Ozzy singing low and Iommi playing happy. A four-beat riff repeated four times, then another four times - and then the bridge; it's not brain surgery, it's rock'n'roll, fuckers!

'Angel Of Vengeance' goes down another notch with a gut-trembling chug, which slows down halfway for some soft melodics before rearing up and kicking you in the bollocks again.

Like I said the last time I reviewed Sparzanza, they're a driving-in-the-sunlight kind of band... but this time round, I'm not sure how long I would want to be out of the house.

If you enjoy simple, heads-down, legs-akimbo rock'n'roll, go Sparzanza.