This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stalingrad 2004

Discussion in 'Dan Swanö' started by Embla, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Embla

Embla Liten

Ah you boys and girls don't know what amazing goodies are headed your way! I just heard a song signed Dagge and I'm normally not too easily impressed by music made within the family :) But Dagge rockar fetfett :headbang:

2. Saint of Killers

I thought they didn't call it Stalingrad anymore?

3. Embla

Embla Liten

I've no idea what they're going to call it now... I only know the original title...

4. Gurgelguff

Gurgelguff Rock tonajt

Thanks for the kind words
    It´s called Volgograd nowdays ( am i right Ivan ? )
    But the lyrics deals with the battle of Stalingrad remember that one ?
    I don´t know what kind of lyrics Dan will write for it. "Rock the firehood all nite long " ?:D

5. TheFourthHorseman

TheFourthHorseman In The Twilight World

That battle was pretty cruel from what I've heard...generals telling the soldiers to just run towards the enemy and grab a gun from a dead man if they see one.

6. Embla

Embla Liten

EEEk! I must be bloody slow today... writing half-thought-through stuff (see opeth/EOS) and misunderstanding other posts... I thought you meant that they call the SONG Stalingrad... I think I'll crawl back under my rock (ROCK!! :headbang: ) now. *sigh* I need some sherry!

7. Saint of Killers

Waitwaitwait. Dan's doing a song about the Battle of Stalingrad? :OMG:

whowhenwhere??? :confused:

I'm a total WW2 history nerd. :p

8. Gurgelguff

Gurgelguff Rock tonajt

To avoid any more confusion. "Stalingrad" is a song i wrote 22 years ago with a Swedish lyric. It´s written around the same time as the bulk of "Eternal". It´s one of the 10 songs we have for the new N.G album "Invisible". Mabye Dan diggs deep in his historybooks and write a new one about the same battle or mabye we call it something else.

9. Dan Swanö

Dan Swanö The Watcher

Hi there..

It's possible that me or my lyric co-writer for "Invisible" Mr. Maxus will go with the original concept of "Stalingrad", I love the title and to us in the band it will always be "Stalingrad" anyway. My other idea was to go with the submarine distaster of Kursk to keep the Russian undertones of the music alive. But maybe there's moer to be said about the battle of Stalingrad than about Kursk, we don't know much what really went on there below the surface, do we???

I will save the "Rock the firehood" for my new soloalbum using my Danny Cobra stagename...ehhrrrr

10. ColdDarkNord

ColdDarkNord www.vicrecords.com

exactly! you absolutly right... This town been found in 16th century and called Tzaricin (from Tzar word), in 1925 it was renamed into Stalingrad and after was renamed into Volgograd back in 1961. Most historians think that battle of Stalingrad (17 july 1942 - 2 feb 1943) was the central battle in WWII and was crucial moment in that war. Germanian-Iltalian commanding lost 1,5 millions ppl (800.000 been killed) that was 1/4 of all forces on Soviet/Germany fronts.