This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

STAR WARS: Revenge of The Suck: who shall see it?

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Shadow298, May 15, 2005.

1. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

Ave!
    For those who have possibly been living in a hole in the ground (or Wagga as the case may be), ya'll would know that Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith shall be in our cinemas (and all over our television screens, supermarkets, associated products, computer game stores and any location nerds propagate) as of this coming Thursday (the 19th).
    So, take it as given that this may possible be one of the worst films ever made (or at least as bad as Episodes I & II: When Clones Attack), who of us shall see it?
    Undoubtly we all shall at least endevour or, at any rate, be forced (no pun) to see it at the cinema because it shall be light a bright headlight to a kangaroo or the car crash afterwards to us all. We shall witness it no matter what, becuase it cannot be helped. We must see how bad it is or see if it redeems itself from it's bastard sibblings Phantom & Attack. No matter the reason or excuse, we shall all go -like fucking mossies to those little fucking zapper things.

But I's am speaking as an incredibly jaded former Star Wars fan.
    10 years ago I's basically knew everything 'bout the Star Wars Universe -premovie, movie and all works post-movie (books, comics, cartoon and those stupid Ewok films), but I's gradually grew out of it when the books became really bad (Children Of The Jedi and The Crystal Star) and it all became too convaluted. Hell, I's even tried to enjoy what Anderson did to the universe with the Jedi Academy books but, alas, it was no good.
    Star Wars died along time ago and they should of it lie. Living in the Hearts and Imaginations of those who loved it (and not those hardcore freak nerds who obsess over it).
    So, it's sad to see that not only are they bringing out the the 3rd prequal but also 2 television series.
    A cartoon to bridge the cap between When Clones Attack and Revenge of the Sith (which looks pretty shit in terms of animation -kinda bastardise Samurai Jack without the cool) and a live action psuedo soap opera (Firefly it ain't gonna be).

So, with this rave over, who shall it.
    I's will.
    And I's hates my's self for it.:mad:

Peace
    The Pimp NeonBlack

2. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Dude, this film is gonna be fucking incredible and I'll bash anyone who says different (including myself!) :p

3. Wenda

Wenda Lady LORD

If you have to beat yourself up, at least give me your phone beforehand so I can videotape it; that will be pretty funny :p

4. Korensky

Korensky Go forth and DIE!

I'm going to see it Wednesday night (laaate laate Wednesday night) with my brother! Should be awesome. Can't wait :)

EPI/II weren't so bad either as stand-alone films - they just had too great a legacy to follow and a lot of people had childhood recollections of how great the original trilogys were. I'm sure if you were 10 when you saw Episode I or II you'd have loved them as much as the originals.

5. Frosticle

Frosticle Grimmity

A big smoking hole in the ground called Canberra
    I for one am going to the midnight screening, plus I ahve read some reveiws from non star wars fan sites that say it iis pretty good and might rank ahead of return of the Jedi in fans minds. Ewan the reason the cartoon series looks like a bastardized Samurai Jack is because the guy that did samurai Jack did the clone wars cartoons wich arn't too bad in my opinion

6. Taliwakker

Taliwakker .....

My 5 yo son is a Star Wars nut...so depending on whether a few friends who are going to see it think its suitable or not for a youngen i'll have to go.

7. flip`

flip` Your mother was a hamster

I might see it when I'm in NZ (as of this weekend) if I get bored of watching 1000's of sheep cross a road :D

8. salty

salty Member

Your post mentioned 2 fantastic things Pimp-o.

Those being
    • samurai jack
    • firefly

All reports and reviews thus far have said that Ep 3 is going to redeem the franchise in the eyes of those who didn't really like Eps 1 and 2 (this group includes me) and from all I've seen trailer wise, I think I'm going to love it. I can hope at least.

But yeah...Samurai Jack and Firefly :kickass:
    :headbang:

9. Shadow298

Well, start bashing, boy!:p

10. Shadow298

Nah. It is bad, mate. Seen an episode and it sucked in all degrees.
    The psudo-surreal animation style doesn't suit it at all. It needs to be more realistic, like the old Droids show (the series about the pre-New Hope/Empireadventures of C3-PO & R2-D2) or the new He-Man cartoon.
    The voices are shit. Too many old 80's voices, so I's kept think Optimus & Megatron were going to coming crashing through a wall at any moment.
    And shit story lines. No balance or centre. It's meant to fill in the time between Episodes II & III, namely the Clone Wars, but from all reports it's just pretty random and keeps introducing new Sith-like characters and totally butchering the causality and continuity of the Universe.
    Oh, well.
    Shouldn't have expected anything much anyway.
    The only good cartoon to come out of the states in recent times is Invader Zim anyway. Or Harvey Birdman -that show fucking rocks!:headbang:

And that's all I's thinks about that!

11. Taliwakker

Taliwakker .....

Speaking of Optimus and Megatron..i saw a fucking funny dvd of a tv series called 'Robot Chicken'....Optimus gets prostate cancer and when he dies he transformed into a coffin...had heaps of other funny shit in it too. Hopefully it'll be on aussie tv soon.

12. The Amazer

The Amazer Member

I will hopefully catch it Friday or Saturday or something... working Wednesday and Thursday nights :mad:

Should be absolutely unreal though. I really liked Eps 1 + 2 however. Jar Jar wasn't THAT bad. :D

13. Aqualung

Aqualung You can't bring me down!

I'm going to the midnight screening. Even if the film sux (and the shorts for it look bloody incredible) it's gonna be one hell of an occasion.

14. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Got my ticket for the midnight screening about two hours ago. :kickass: I don't go to Star Wars films for great acting or dialogue. That's what Woody Allen movies are for. I go see Star Wars for action scenes and special effects. And they've all been good for that despite the gay parts. So ner.

15. MetGreen

MetGreen KFC Maniac!!!

Are you talking about the movies or the nerds waiting to get their seats? :D I really wish i had a ticket up here for the Premiere just to laugh at all the idiots dressed up and re-enacting old scenes. Has anyone seen Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Attack of the Clones Premiere night? Just golden...

Yes... it's premiere night here, for Attack of the Clones. But outside this theatre is the real show - Return of the Dorks. Thousands of thirty-five year old men waiting days, even months, for just a taste of George Lucas' table scraps. Lonely men who have never had sex. Not even with the catholic priest.

I'll be going on Sunday night i'm afraid. Still another week away :(

16. Shadow298

That was one of the funniest things I's have ever seen. Almost died laughing at it.
    The best bits were getting the guy dressed as Spock from the Original Star Trek to give the finger to all the Star Wars fans and when they were interviewing the bloke in the Darth Vader costume and Triumph asked him: "Which button do you dress so your mummy can come pick you up?" when refering to the panel on his chest.
    Fucking classic stuff.
    IF you can find it on the web, download it. Funniest thing ever!:headbang:

17. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

I want to go to a midnight session... but unfortunately being crook a couple of weeks back has left me dangerously close to losing my job. I shall probably see it on the weekend. I have till then to show my g/f EVERY Star Wars film... yes, as shocking as it may seem she's only ever seen Attack of the Clones and that was only because we watched it on tv last night!

18. WestHammer

WestHammer small member

jesus are you goin out with a 10 year old todd?
    she mustve been livin under a rock

yeh im goin at midnight as well, i thought attack was not too bad except for the fuckin acting, seriously hayden christensen or wateva his name is seriously can't act..

i've met natalie portman tho, she stayed with my sisters best friend when she was filming epi 1.. sooo hot in real life, and short, just the way me likes em (and pimp and tim too) and really down to earth. well at least then..

19. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Natalie Portman! :drool:

20. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

I've questioned how she's never seen them as well! My eyes just about dropped out of my head when she mentioned it! :lol: