This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Steve Harris announces solo album

Discussion in 'Maiden Downunder' started by Spruce Goose, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Master Exploder

I bought the cd last week, and have given it one listen. The vocals are the weakest link, but I don't think he is bad. I just think it sounds like they aren't sitting in the mix perfectly and they sound a little dry. Seems like there will be some good songs that will be growers though.

Style wise, not at all what I expected. The first few tracks had a somewhat Australian prog rock cross post grunge rock vibe, then it moves to sounding much more 80s influenced and somewhat more Maidenish.

I think it is strange that it is a Steve Harris solo album. It sounds to me far more like what it is, a band that he has played with and had a hand in producing. Is only a small thing, but I think it perhaps should have been a self titled album called "Steve Harris' British Lion".

2. Spiff

Spiff I have the power

I think it's only a Steve Harris solo album because it's more marketable that way.

3. Icarus

Icarus Shamone

Haha yeah completely forgot about this forum :S