This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stupid Questions - and things you were afraid to ask

Discussion in 'LORD' started by pipsqeek, May 19, 2006.

1. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

That's pretty unbeatable, except of course a bedside spa overlooking Sydney Harbour.

I'm a big fan of the spa.

s

2. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

I've emailed a couple of hotels... down some major sucking up to try and get a good deal out of them.

3. Celestial-Todd

Just booked a Corner King room at the Sofitel.... more then I planned on spending, but as I've told several people "I only plan on doing this once and I plan on doing it right"

Now all I've gotta do is arrange the "fancy" stuff with the concierge.... have the thing pretty much planned out. Arrive in Melbourne late afternoon, transfer to hotel via hire BMW. Go straight to dinner at the in hotel restaraunt, gives them time to set up the room (standard honeymoon fair). You can guess the rest of the night

I'm looking into organising a helicopter flight at some point over the three days as well. Our primary reason for going down was to see Phantom of the Opera but I want to pack in as much UNEXPECTED stuff as possible. She'd never guess a chopper ride because I am terrified of heights but willing to tough it out for her to experience it :)

4. maiL huma

maiL huma Collingwood forever

Everyone's invited up for a party?

Cool, I'll see you there.

:)

5. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Just as well they weren't about two minutes later.

6. Aussie_Metalchild

Aussie_Metalchild Bass player from LORD

So Im guessing she doesnt read the forums then hahaha :lol:

7. Celestial-Todd

Nope... she's registered but hasn't actually come on for a loooooooong time

Keep in mind, since I've made it public knowledge... anyone spoils the secret, I will castrate them!

8. -Kalmah-

-Kalmah- Salon Korpiklaani

I got braces back in 1987 when I was fourteen. Had to have six teeth pulled beforehand. I wore them for about 2 1/2 years and then a retainer for another year. But my teeth didn't stay straight permanently. At least four of them shifted over time.

They're anywhere from $3,000 - $7,000 depending on what you need to have done. My neighbor's were $6,000 but her insurance paid for half.

9. Celestial-Todd

If I book plane tickets before the wedding, should I put Jess's current last name or my last name?

I'm just thinking that she needs to show ID at the terminal, so even though she would have my name, she wouldn't have the ID to prove it

10. maiL huma

Put it in her current name. Signing a marriage registrar doesn't mean anything until you need the certificate to go about the name changes. Whilst her driver's license, passport, medicare card etc. are in her current name, she should use it until all of those things are changed.

Bear in mind that these things take time as well, and can be a real pain in the ass. Word of advice from the missus: Get the driver's license changed first. It makes everything a million time easier because she will then have two things in her married name - marriage certificate and driver's license. A lot of places don't even look at the certificate - they see a license and that's good enough for them, whereas some places will require two forms of ID.

11. Celestial-Todd

The thing that's fucking us up is that we're due to get our full drivers licence's a week or so before the wedding. I'm thinking of holding off so that she doesn't have to apply, get the licence and then have to change the name!

12. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

Airlines and cruise liners are completely used to these kinds of identification issues with newlyweds. Book it in the name of whatever VALID identification you have. We did a cruise and had no dramas. So long as you have a valid passport they're not gonna care if technically your circumstances are different. Take photocopies of stuff (like marriage certs etc.) if you are worried- don't take the originals as they might get lost or damaged. We also take copies of letters from doctors as my wife suffers migranes and carts heavy drugs with her wherever she goes.

Other than that, I completely agree with maiL huma!!

13. maiL huma

Personally, I would not be turning up to an airport hoping that the check in person was understanding to my situation of having a ticket in one name and all of my ID in another...

14. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Yeah for sure - deffo go with her existing name, as that's what will be on her documentation. That way you won't have to faff around. They'll have no idea she's technically taken on your surname anyway.

15. Rick

Rick Senior User

There remains the relevant fact that could have kept her own name anyway.

16. Celestial-Todd

I checked with Virgin.... because we're flying out two days after the wedding, the name change won't be "official". I figured as much, I just wanted to be sure

17. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Besides which, you can't book airline tickets etc. without current ID, so you won't be able to book a ticket for her under a name she'll have in the future. For everything else, Jess will just need to show her marriage certificate at every place where she needs to have her ID changed.

18. sadisticsatyr

sadisticsatyr Young Apprentice

What is the general process for getting someone removed from a joint lease? Is it as easy as calling up the agent and saying "Its gonna be just you and me from now on"?

19. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

20. maiL huma

That's what I did a while back. The agent literally scibbled their name off the original.