This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sunset 28

Discussion in 'Beseech' started by Enchanted Nightfall, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Enchanted Nightfall

Enchanted Nightfall New Metal Member

Hello all,

I'm new in this Beseech world :) and i'm trying to discover more and more things about this wonderfull band. While i was seeking for the lyrics of Sunset 28, i found this information:
    "...This song is dedicated to Jennifer Berg that lost her world 00-05-28. Carry on even if it's hard, with love Klas"
    Anyone knows anything more about this? Probably i am too curious but..this song touch me very deep in my feelings :cool:

2. beseecher

beseecher Member

The song that Klas wrote was dedicated to Jennifer, a close friend to him´s child (7 year old little girl) that found him dead on the kitchen floor just 30 years old...
    Without a mom or anything she "lost her world" that day the 28th...

/Robert Beseech

3. Enchanted Nightfall

Enchanted Nightfall New Metal Member

...no comments...

Thanx Robert :saint:

4. ElusiveCure

ElusiveCure New Metal Member

I didn't understand that part? What do you mean by "him's child", is it "his child" or I'm getting it wrong? So... this girl is a close friend to Klas's child or a close friend of Klas as a child (when he was a child). And who is the "him" that she found dead on the kitchen floor? I hope someone can clarify, I like that song a lot and wanted to know the meaning behind the lyrics. Thanks a lot.

5. Wendek

Wendek New Metal Member

It's badly phrased but I think he meant something like this : Klas had a friend, and this friend had a little daughter (Jennifer). On that fateful day, Jennifer found her father (Klas' friend) dead on the kitchen floor. I don't know why he uses "him" and then mentions lack of mother... maybe they were divorced, maybe one of the parents was already dead/gone.

In any case, this is a very sad story that explains why this song is so... emotional, more than any other one from Beseech I feel.

6. ElusiveCure

ElusiveCure New Metal Member

Aaaah, yes, it really makes sense now when you've explained it. Actually I'm even surprised I didn't read it that way the first time (facepalm). Thanks a lot for the reply! I didn't expect anyone to answer my question in a ten-year-old thread to be honest, especially within a month. As to the mother - based on what he's written I would assume she had already been dead, so after losing her father Jennifer was left all alone.