This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sushi while at PP

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by miel, May 9, 2012.

1. miel

miel Mrs. Harvester
    Staff Member

The past 3 years, I've seen a good many posts, comments, jeers, wishes, etc. all regarding sushi dining while at ProgPower USA, so I thought this warranted its own post.

Glenn and I do not live in Atlanta, which sometimes makes restaurant recommendations difficult. But we have done our research and want our attendees happy! :)

Sushi lovers may want to check out:

RA
    1080 Peachtree Street, Suite 8
    Atlanta, GA 30309
    Mon. - Sat. 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
    Phone: (404) 267-0114
    http://www.rasushi.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/​RAsushiAtlanta

It's on the corner of 11th & Peachtree.. 1 block past Vickery's & Front Page News. Click here for map.

Also on the map, you'll find Shout! - they offer a $10 all-you-can eat sushi lunch.

For a list of all nearby restaurants, click here.

~Jen

2. AMBR

AMBR Goddess of Chaos

Had the all-you-can-eat sushi at Shout! Somewhat limited selection, but varied enough for me. Fast service and a whole lot of sushi for a very reasonable price.

3. Justin G

Justin G Member

If you're serious about sushi and are willing to spend a bit more for higher quality, I highly recommend MF Sushi Bar (http://www.mfsushibar.com/). It's not exactly close to the venue, but it's easily the best Atlanta has to offer. This was my wife and my "occasion" place for anniversaries, etc. when we lived in GA. Sit at the bar and ask the chefs for recommendations, and they'll usually throw some cool surprises your way. Damn I miss that place.

4. Dolamite S. Biffle

Dolamite S. Biffle Biffliest Person Ever

Fair warning for those that go to Ra, it is a corporate chain restaurant and its like eating a night club. Theres super loud techno playing all day. Though they clearly hire their waitresses based how good they look with as little clothes as possible which is a plus in my book ;)

5. PeteyNice

PeteyNice New Metal Member

Atlanta is not exactly a sushi paradise. In fact, I would not consider any of the recs so far in this thread to be amazing.

If you have a car, there are options..

Sushi House Hayakawa on Buford Highway is very good:
    http://www.atlantasushibar.com

If you are willing to go even further out and don't mind a trip to the suburbs, Haru Ichiban in Duluth off 85 is probably the best sushi I have had in the metro area.

http://haruichi.net/

6. Berek2000

Berek2000 Member

Thank you for the recommendations Jen. Since I am staying an extra day this year, I will have to check them out.

7. miel

miel Mrs. Harvester
    Staff Member

All of the restaurants listed within this thread are within 3 miles of the venue, as the vast majority of attendees do not have a car and have limited time for dining. Also, I believe the average attendee doesn't expect to be amazed with their restaurant choices, but rather with the musicians on stage.

~Jen

8. Formerly known as Chris F5

If this is the place in Buckhead I think this might be the place me,Van Dyk,Crooks,and Lotesto went to
    easily the best sushi in Atlanta,in fact,rivals the best I have had
    and it is very expensive(I rang up a $95 bill myself,but worth it)

9. OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver BECAUSE FALCONER

The all you can eat Sushi at Shout! is worth it. As AMBR said, the selection is limited, but what you get is really good.

10. MeTuLHeD

MeTuLHeD A Member To Remember

Front Pages News rules!

Sorry. I know. Off topic. I suck.

But they have the BEST cheesecake...geez. Must...not...eat...fat...stuff.

11. Matt Crooks

Matt Crooks www.fools-game.com

Yes, it's the place we went, and it's awesome.

12. Formerly known as Chris F5

Did you try that seared white tuna with truffel soy sauce I got like 3 orders of($10 a pop for 2 pieces,and every bite worth it)?

I think I officially found my new place to blow large sums of $$ to replace the Cheetah
    and I get more out of it

13. JenniferLynn

JenniferLynn AKA Irish

When we stayed at the Inn at the Peachtrees there was a Marta stop close by. Just above that stop was a few places to eat set up kinda like a food court at a mall... There is a sushi joint in there that at first I was frightened to consider eating at but there was a line of 10 - 15 people so I dared... and it was AMAZING and cheap.

I have to make it a point to go back this year...

14. miel

miel Mrs. Harvester
    Staff Member

Do you think it was Colony Square? They have a Moes, Chick-fil-A, Starbucks, Blimpie, Great Wraps, and Shout! (the place that has a $10 sushi lunch).

~Jen

15. J-Dubya 777

J-Dubya 777 It NEVER ends

Joining Chief Tecca in the awesomeness that is FPN! ALWAYS friendly staff, and ALWAYS a great, reasonably priced meal.ANd they have Newcastle in pint bottles!

16. Fizrider

Fizrider Quasi-Old Fart

This is where a lot of Japanese ex-Pats as well as travelling asian business folk get their sushi fix in Atlanta.

If you time it right, it is not a crazy drive from the venue. Their Friday lunch offerings are typically in the $10 realm, and are very good. I used to live/work in Duluth, and this place was a weekly stop for me.

I have never eaten at Shout! but I have dined often at its sibling Twist!, and can recommend this family of restaurants.