This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

TAB Thread.

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by <-Warheart->, Mar 19, 2006.

1. <-Warheart->

<-Warheart-> † Fuck You Very Much †

I still use GP4 so I have no idea :lol::lol:

rj rl likes this.
  2. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

It seems to be the convertion. I also have problems with all harmonies and some notes. But I can simply fix it by pressing stop and play. Then everything'S fine again.

But that's the reason why I switched back to good old gp5

3. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

It seems to be the convertion. I also have problems with all harmonies and some notes. But I can simply fix it by pressing stop and play. Then everything'S fine again.

But that's the reason why I switched back to good old gp5

4. akamouzis

akamouzis Member

Yah stopping and playing doesnt seem to fix it. I cant seem to get gp5 for mac anymore though.

5. SIND

SIND New Metal Member

I've noticed that too and it seems that if there's any sort of tremolo arm use, unless the pitch gets brought back to neutral, the remainder of the track will be stuck in slightly out of tune.

6. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

Wouldn't @<-Warheart-> repair the first page to have the nice list up again? :rolleyes:

(Although I have a saved zip of it -made by someone else- it's missing Stone tabs and a few extras.)

Also, I have some tabs that've never been added properly before and the old COB BTs rar if you need them.

#11066 NewHewkas, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    P4T0U likes this.
  7. P4T0U

P4T0U Member

I'd like to have those backing tracks!

8. <-Warheart->

Ha I've been wanting to sort it, it would take agessssss though. I'm sure I'd have to copy paste every single link from a new hosting location, I'm not even sure why they're not working.

Is dropbox dead nowadays?

9. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Nobodys using Dropbox anymore since they still stuck on 6GB.

But there's no need to re-upload every single tab again on a hoster and put every single DL link on the first page. Just put them like me into one single folder and link to it. It's faster and you don't have to update every single tab.

Like this (unsorted, but as an example)

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoRPruQe7BMHi9NKk1yBkg1-J3hqGQ

BTW here are all of my Backing Tracks of Bodom and Bodom related songs

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoRPruQe7BMHySdcqFrarfC8bQUc?e=6lcr16

You can also use the two links and link them on the first page. I could add all the tabs from the first page then, so your only job would be to edit the text on the first page (like delete all dead links and replace them with the two above) a bit

Edit 2:

I would also create some kind of an "public/guest" folder where we could upload all the tab-snippets/unfinished tabs from all members. This way none of the tabs will be lost in the depths of this thread. So one "official section" (I don't know how to call it, but I think you giys know what I mean) and one public fodler

#11069 <Arcane>, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
    P4T0U likes this.
  10. <-Warheart->

Hmm yes I guess that looks like the only sensible way to solve this problem.

I like the asthetics of the main post with all the colours and individual links but I think those days are long gone!

11. rabber_335i

rabber_335i New Metal Member

Does anyone have a good Taste of My Scythe tab? Pretty new to playing guitar but the tab for this song commonly found on google is obviously wrong. Watching covers on youtube everyone plays it different from these tabs and it sounds way better.

12. akamouzis

akamouzis Member

To all my guitar players, i need help. I have trouble knowing when im supposed to pick every single note and when to use a little legato. I usually try to pick almost everything and clearly that doesnt work so well. Any good tutorials on what technique to use for different types of licks?

13. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

I don't think there's any rule for that. If the thing I'm playing is slow then I usually do whatever sounds best (Usually this means that I'll pick most of the notes, but will go for legato on short one string trills etc.). If it's fast then I usually pick everything I can and legato the rest (When playing scale runs for example I'll pick everything unless it's so fast that I can't, at which point I'll pick the first note on each string).

#11073 ESA1996, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  14. P4T0U

P4T0U Member

One example where it simplifies a lot would be the Bed of Razors arpeggio at the beginning of the solo.

[​IMG]

You could do it like this...

[​IMG]

but it's harder because you are adding the 6th string in the pattern. A clear advantage of the form above is that legato gives you time to go for the tapping on the 19th fret too. Nonetheless, it is still a pretty good arpeggio to practice.

Also, there is a non-negligible impact on the note envelope and so, it won't sound like the original.

15. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

It'd be far easier to play if you switch the 20 on the low E to a 15 on the A string, and the 15 on the low E to a 10 on the A string.

16. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

I use legato whenever I can because I suck at fast picking over more than 2 strings. Cool thing to learn legato is the beginning of Technical Difficulties. I know Gilbert picks every note, but this is a good example when using legato is much easier. Also the fast part in the BBT verse is much easier when you play legato (I think Alexi's playing legato there as well).

@P4T0U Guitarists usually try to avoid patterns like 17-17-17 on 3 different different strings because it's much harder to avoid string noise when you play things like that + there's almost always an easier way to play it.

P4T0U likes this.
  17. P4T0U

P4T0U Member

True. Those patterns remind me of Demon Driver every time...