This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Technical & Progressive Thrash Metal thread

Discussion in 'Divebomb Records' started by HeavyGabry, Oct 25, 2012.

1. HeavyGabry

HeavyGabry A poser in disguise

Whole Anacrusis discography is amazing, and I have great expectations for their future work.
    Believer has always been a little more complex to understand, last 2 albums are strange to me... same (and even more complex) for Tourniquet, never liked them because of their excessively broad conception of music. :confused: (and their too high pitch vocals)

2. Headquake

Headquake Member

They're from my city here in London, great band. Saw them a few times back in the late 80's, early 90's. I have their demo cassette "Foot from the Edge" which i just pulled out this weekend coincidentally.

3. Headquake

Headquake Member

Speaking of technical music, Sieges Even-Life Cycles would very much appeal to fans of Watchtower...aboslutely amazing record

4. StormSpell

StormSpell Member

Yeah, but you didn't rip Cyclone Tempe from an old dusty vinyl and slap it on the cd without even trying to clean up clicks and pops, aren't you... ;)

Besides, CT are well known band which back in the day sold thousands of copies on major label. The current re-release is nothing to them. ASPID on the other hand are uber-unknown underground band which never even had a proper CD release. It would mean a lot to them if a label expresses interest.

5. StormSpell

StormSpell Member

Amazing album, albeit the vocals are an acquired taste

6. TribunalRecords

TribunalRecords Record Label(s)/Vocalist

very much so. would love to reissue it however. although i am sure SPV will sneak some copies back into print soon enough.

7. SteelFireRecs

SteelFireRecs Member

I wouldn't call Megaeth a tech thrash band, HOWEVER i would call Rust in Peace a tech thrash album and in my personal opinion i think its the greatest thrash record ever and one of the best metal album ever (yes a bold statement but i stick by it).

8. TribunalRecords

Not going to disagree except where it falls in the list of greatest ever for me, BUT it is that good for sure. That album is why I no longer read ANYTHING news or opinion related to Dave Mustaine. He is kook and not going to let him ruin his masterpiece for me. I actually loved the last two Megadeth albums a tremendous amount too.

9. SteelFireRecs

SteelFireRecs Member

Alot of people diagree with me on that and will argue, but hey it's all about opinion. I just think RIP is GODLY.

I've liked everything really since The System Has Failed. However, I am guilty of not listening to Thirteen but i just havent felt like doing that, Endgame was good. Loved Brodericks debut on that album, shredfest all around.

10. HeavyGabry

"Life Cycle" by Sieges Even was really great, definitely a sign of the times however, because they changed soon... but also "Steps" is very good!
    From the most deep underground we have Inner Sanctum from UK, released a lot of demos and never arrived to a full length. Now some of them have a new band called Synaptik, they sound interesting but there's not official material online yet, only live performances poorly recorded.

Inner Sanctum Myspace

11. Mr. Lapin Kulta

Mr. Lapin Kulta Evil invader

Two great bands indeed! I loved the ANACRUSIS re-recordings that Matt released but the original version of Suffering Hour is still in my top 10 thrash albums of all time.

12. TribunalRecords

chatting with them now. Seems like the demo collection might see the light of day!

13. HeavyGabry

It would be about time! Hope they'll be able to do it... there was an American band with the same story, Premonition...

Premonition Myspace

Four demos would be a lot of songs for an anthology...

14. TribunalRecords

They have agreed, now it's just about gathering materials for the release.

15. HeavyGabry

Norway isn't famous at all for Thrash Metal, but sometimes... in addition to Spiral Architect, there was another short life band called Pica Fierce. Only one self-released cd, a lot of talent for a Prog Thrash/Death style... I think not many people remember them, until recent times no-one put them on YouTube, there are more tracks on their Myspace profile.

Pica Fierce Myspace

16. TribunalRecords

damn that stuff is awesome! trying to find place to download the album (since it's out of print) and it is nowhere to be found.

17. HeavyGabry

Check this link, it's easier than it looks!
    Just use an online translator step by step! :D

18. TribunalRecords

thanks, a bit tricky but I got it i think.

19. HeavyGabry

Coming back to a more old school style, there was plenty of bands in Eastern Europe... except Geisha Goner in Poland, there was also Tidal Wave from Ukraine... their album ("Poison Of Sorrow") was released only on tape, but it was worth to be listened to, also a little experimental.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H42r-WR8erI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H42r-WR8erI[/ame]

20. TribunalRecords

It's says it was recorded in 88 but the production on that track especially the drums is amazing for the time. I dig it. Surprised Iordan hasn't done it. I cannot imagine a way to track them down. Ha ha.

EDIT: i misread the liners. it's 1997, which makes more sense.