This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

The Accolades (I & II) Medley???

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by Isaac_de_Moorea, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Isaac_de_Moorea

Isaac_de_Moorea Silent Member

Hi there!

I have a little question for those who can help...

When I heard for the very first time "Accolade II", I was a little dissappointed because I felt it wasn´t a "colorful" enough sequel to such a great song. But time passed by, and now I like it a lot, especially the solos section.

So...

I was thinking recently that I have seen on this forum some references to a live "Accolade Medley"... Does it really exist? And if it does... How is it? It´s so great as it could be? Can you give some details? :D

I have seen SX live just once and they didn´t play it... and I´m preety sure that in the upcoming tour, if they came near my country, it has very few chances to being played, So I don´t know if I will be able to hear it then.

I just needed to ask, curiosity is almost killing me!

Thanks;)

2. Detective Clarence Beauregard

I've only seen them play it once, and it was in March of 2003 (MJR's birthday, in fact). I believe they only played it on this post-Odyssey support tour, but I could be wrong.

It was my first time seeing the band, so everything they did sounded awesome. From what I remember about the medley, it was composed of the original Accolade up until right after the second chorus, when they segued into Accolade II's intro (when the whole band kicks in). They then proceeded to play all of Accolade II. I thought it was interesting how they decided to mesh the two songs together for a live performance, and if they ever play these songs again (which looks doubtful given their recent direction) I'm assuming they will follow this formula.

3. Isaac_de_Moorea

Let´s hope so, but I agree it´s doubtful.

Thanks for the info Detective, the curiosity is less but the expectation to hear it sometime has grown!!!

4. Chainrider

Chainrider Member

#4 Chainrider, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  5. Wander

Wander 10+2=6

^I don't get what is their problem with playing this live. It sounds brilliant.

6. Isaac_de_Moorea

^
    ^
    I swear I looked for a video of it before starting this thread! :eek:

It really sounds amazing, it´s really sad is not part of their set anymore.