This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

the altered state of consciousness thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by Xorv, May 1, 2007.

1. Mort Divine

Mort Divine Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd

Weed is only so-so in all reality. More of a social drug than anything.

2. A1a23

A1a23 Member

I've tried weed a few times and it was fun and stuff. Many people i know keep telling me that weed kills brain cells and makes you returded. What do you guys think?

3. False Joe

False Joe Who cares.

It obviously doesn't have enough plateaus for you.

4. Mort Divine

Stages
    Levels
    etc.

It isn't as stupid as it sounds because there are 4 distinct experiences you can have while taking DXM.

5. Tonka Time

Tonka Time Guest

Have always thought about LSD or mushrooms, but I have a displacement to schizophrenia.

6. Belligerent

Belligerent Greekus Urungus

Shrooms are better imo, you can control your trip. Acid makes you feel like shit the next day.

7. CF87

CF87 Active Member

DXM is terrible. A lot of people do it once and they die. I've done it about 10 times and wish I never did it each time, i was a teen though and have not done it in awile. it's stupid as fuck

Weed does not kill you and destroy your organs like alcohol pills and other drugs. It's really the best thing you can do if you want to keep healthy and just smoke if your day is terrible. It's really the only safe drug.

Ever since I quit everything and just smoked weed my health has returned to normal on its own going away and I even eat healthier.

Alcohol for example is a downer and makes people ten times more stupid than pot and you have no senses or awareness, obviously if you smoke weed all the time you might notice you're killing brain cells.

... and you don't have a hang over.

Out of everything people should be told if they're going to do anything smoke a bowl regardless if it's illegal, alcohol and others drugs kill people and destroy lives beyond repair.

The government makes pot seem terrible because they can't make any money of it. It's ok in a sense for people to hit people with cars die and beat the shit out of other people because the government makes shitloads of money off of people who have a alcohol problems.

They're not strict and it's legal and TV and society revolves around it, but they put the hammer down on your like you killed someone and are a terrible person if you break the law, and you have to pay the system.

Alcohol has the same effect on people that hard drugs have, you're equivalent to a crack head if you get arrested, but drinking is legal itself and the fines and punishment are even worse than pot, but that's illegal.

8. False Joe

False Joe Who cares.

I was watching this documentary about weed, The Union - The Business Behind Getting High (Watch it, it's ace), and apparently the one test that talked about killing brain cells involved pumping marijuana smoke into monkeys lungs through a fucking mask. Like, a huge amount of spliffs worth everyday for about 30 days straight. The film pointed out the obvious, if you're gonna deprive them of oxygen for huge periods everyday, of course brain cells are going to fucking die.

9. zabu of nΩd

zabu of nΩd Free Insultation

Maybe you should have used the syrup without all the toxic additives then :lol:

10. -CC-

-CC- Something in My Eye

The only problem is...if they made pot legal they WOULD make a LOT of money! Not only will they be able to tax it, but they don't have to spend whatever amounts of millions they are already spending on trying to prevent it from coming into the country and all this NARC bullshit

11. Killbot

Killbot A Killer Robot

Anybody who's had a half decent trip would never say this. DXM is a massively different type of experience to weed, or even other types of psychedlic dissociatives. I've done DXM and two other psychedlic dissociatives (ket and 4-meo-pcp) a nmber of times and and each one is sompletely unique, with effects that can change dramatically depending how much you take, what form it's in and how you administer it.

Weed is good for a nice evening chilling, but this weekend I'm going to down a few DOC tabs and trip the whole day and night away. It's not something I'd want to do every day, but serotinergic psychedelics are out of this world when it all goes right.

12. Mort Divine

If they die their first time they're taking either WAY too much or using a syrup with a fucking pain killer in it.

Also LSD is a completely safe drug, no chance for addiction, no physical affects aside from perhaps feeling like shit the next day, etc.

ALL DRUGS are safe if you have a strong enough will and a steady enough head to know your limits.

13. V.V.V.V.V.

V.V.V.V.V. Houses Ov Mercury

you're a hippie david.

14. Tonka Time

Tonka Time Guest

I heard that it could trigger a psychosis in some people.

15. Einherjar86

Einherjar86 Active Member

If you have some latent psychological conditions/diseases, psychedelics have the potential to bring the symptoms to the surface.

16. divine_torture

I don't mind LSD/Shrooms on occasion, but I've always been a hard drug kinda guy. Not so much anymore though. Occasionally I'll spend the night on coke, but rarely because of cost/baby. Heroin is no more, but some days I miss it, tbh.

17. Killbot

Killbot A Killer Robot

No.
    LSD is serotinergic and although you'll never hit the LD50 by doing it alone, you could get serotonin syndrome if you candyflip or do a similar combination. Also due to its serotinergic activity if you take an active dose, you should feel a comedown as a result of the resultant serotinergic depletion. It's is also Dopaminergic, so you will feel a dopaminergic rebound.
    It also has a strong physical element, it affects the CNS in all sorts of ways, none particularly dangerous, but have you ever tried to sleep on LSD or any similar phenethylamine or Tryptamine? 'cos you stand no chance.

Drugs are about a lot more than willpower. Hit any serotinergic substance and you WILL feel it mentally the next day, as much as a positive outlook can help. It'd be hypocritical of me to say don't do them, it's just about avoiding regular overstimulation of any one neurological pathway.

The most important tool in fighting the negatives of drug use is knowledge, the more you know about the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, the better you can judge how much, where, when and via which route of administration you should do any particular substance

18. Mort Divine

says the art student

19. zabu of nΩd

zabu of nΩd Free Insultation

By the way, isn't LSD supposed to have a particularly high risk of flashbacks, slight personality changes, and other long-term effects one might or might not want to experience? I know those can happen with any psychedelic, but from what I've read it's especially common with acid.

20. CF87

CF87 Active Member

Actually I did the Robitussin gel tabs which are pure 15 mgs of DXM.. with no other additives. I've done acid twice, shrooms 3 times, X 4 times,morning glory's and all kinds of pills and go on Erowid doing some research to figure out doses,etc.. before I do anything to get an idea what is going to happen.