This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by <-Warheart->, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Arystar

Arystar Kissing In The Shadows

The OFR black that came with my RR24 kept tuning superbly and i had no issues, now the new one I installed (gold) is even better. I have no problems at all.

2. Sany

Sany Member

@Matt
    Yours for 999$ and new for 1350€ whats about 1503,31 US-Dollar, not bad deal.

3. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

1 Floyd mod I did and which I think really effected the tone, in a good way, was adding a big brass sustain block to it. You can feel the added resonance through your body when playing with the big brass sustain block added in, plus it makes the tone sound growlier(really don't know how else to describe it). Look up some videos online to hear the difference.

4. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

Done with the setup, hope I didn't screw up the stud crews, but I turned them softly so... (some parts of the internet say you could damage them if you don't dissemble the FR or turn the crews under tension)

Still a bit amazing to see, that I could push and pull as many times as I want and won't go out of tuning

5. Arystar

the knife(sharp edge of the OFR which pivots against the studs) could cut into the studs and thus creating a 2 level thing instead of 1 smooth and thus makng ur floyd have 2 positions, this only happens when the tension is REALLY high or if u have a crappy floyd/ studs... BUT if u were to see cuts into the studs..they are cheap and easy to replace :p

tbh, what u did isnt something u should do often, there is no harm in u having done it, but if u want to do it alot you should indeed loosen the strings and the springs.

normally with a decent OFR it should be fine if its done 1 time to the correct position.

btw about those brass blocks, i've seen them and i had the option to take one when i ordered my OFR, you gotta check u take the right size since some are bigger and wont fit into the cavity, aside from that...THEY ARE EXPENSIVE AS HELL XD

6. NewHewkas

The guitar is in D standard with 0.46-0.10 strings, idk, is that cause high tension?

7. Arystar

no thats low tension...mine is 10-52 :rofl:

8. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

I have a copper big block (Don't know why I didn't take a brass one, I'm thinking of a change to get nicer cleans. Copper is quite bright I think, and my guitar is maple neck-through with alder wings so it's not as if it weren't bright to begin with.) Was looking at the FR page just yesterday. They even have a block made of granite now :D

9. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

I have the same strings but it's in E standard, so like Arystar said, that's not high tension.

10. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

real men play 12-68 in D and 11-52 in standard

11. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

I tried 13-60 in Drop C one time, it was okay. 12-68 in D though.. :kickass:

12. NewHewkas

That's pretty much for B tuning, the 12-68. 12-60 was on my RR when I got it, ain't for solos

13. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

if you want to learn fast, make your guitar miserable to play for 2-3 months, high action and high tension. Then, slap on 10-52 and it feels like heaven. It feels so much easier to play. You've to be careful not to break the strings when riffing and bending tho with the lighter tension.

14. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

Or better yet - play violin!

15. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

Noo :(
    Learning how to play violin actually takes musical talent. Guitar, anyone can do it.

16. NewHewkas

No, because I have a friend who tried the guitar and he gave up because it was hard for him, but yeah most of the people could make it to green day style and that's all...they won't improve their selves anymore or they find too hard etc.

17. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

obvisously it won't be easy, and it rarely is for anybody, but if don't have good ears or perfect pitch, it is a nightmare to learn violin. I'd say it's impossible, whereas with guitar you have a map of where every note is.

18. NewHewkas

When I pull the notes with FR after 12th fret on the high strings mostly on high E, some on B start to buzz while I pull. Should I raise the bridge a bit more on the tremolo arm side or may I do something wrong?

19. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

You can try watching at the string height as you pull up on the whammy. The strings will get lower the further up you pull the whammy. If your action is very low they might hit the frets which would cause buzzing. If they don't hit the frets I'm not sure what it might be. I myself don't use the whammy too much as it wobbles slightly and this annoys me to the point that I rarely even have the whammy attached. I recently discovered that Floyd sells old style tremolo arms though which work more like the Fenders (And thus do not wobble. At all). Haven't yet made an order, but it's just a matter of time.

20. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

I actually got around 10 - 20 BPM more speed to my playing by lifting my action a bit last week (By a quick ruler measurement, which is not exactly accurate, the action is now 2,0 mm for the low E and 1,5 mm for the high E). Feels damn strange that it worked, but it did. I can now concentrate more on the syncing of my hands and don't need to focus so much on not hitting the strings too hard with my pick.