This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by <-Warheart->, Mar 18, 2008.

1. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

What software do you recommend to record guitar playing? I use Audacity, but maybe there are more useful programs out there.
    How could I reduce the pick noises, when I record clean sections?

2. Arystar

Arystar Kissing In The Shadows

I use my interface(line6 studio UX2) into Reaper(Free DAW) with POD Farm 2.0 as VST.

3. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

I use an MBox 2 Pro that I bought from my neighbor a few years ago and Cubase 5. For the sound I use some free amp simulators I got a few years ago (I record straight from the guitar, no amps or anything in between). I had Pro Tools 8 LE also but it was too unstable to use on my computer (Windows 7 64-bit), so I did the switch. Cubase has worked just fine.

4. NewHewkas

Thanks, mine are, guitar and any effects into the amp, the amp's headphone output is connected into a Behringer UCA-222 and that goes into the PC with USB, maybe the headphone output is not the best, because it modify the sound so I should play with the EQ on the AMP to get back the tone, that I want.

5. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

I used to do the guitar- amp - headphone jack - soundcard thing too, but I noticed the headphone jack gives a slight buzz to the signal in the 10 000+ frequency range that I had to always EQ away, which again took out some of the real tone too. I then found out there are amp simulators and have been using them ever since. No hissing and you can edit the sound practically forever if you like.

Here's the video I got all of my tone stuff (Amp simulators, mic position simulators etc) from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6PHzkPjH7c

I think you need a real DAW for it to work though, not Audacity. Reaper should be a free one.

6. NewHewkas

Yeah that annoying noise... that's why I use Noise Gate (NS-2)
    Anyway, these modeller things like pod 2, don't require amp? Just plug in the guitar and a headphone or straight into the PC and let's go?
    (I've always wanted to try a pod)

7. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

The Pod is basically an amp without the loudspeaker. Plug your guitar and headphones in it and you're ready to go. How they work while recording is something I don't know. I guess it acts as a sound card so you can just plug it in the computer through a USB, and then record stuff into a DAW, but like I said this is only a guess.

8. NewHewkas

Today I tried this DAW+VST combo, idk it's hard, you should put a lot of effort in it, until you make a usable distortion... So much easier to buy a professional mic or a modeller pod, pad etc and just record it, than watch tons of YT "manuals" then sit a couple of hours and try to figure out what's wrong... maybe because I still use my AMP and not an interface. But the real things are money and the VST is relatively cheaper.

9. P4T0U

P4T0U Member

10. gorhrut

gorhrut Member

hahaha it shows in the pictures that its missing the power transformer. that's why they are selling it as is and say no returns. they already know that thing isn't going to power up.

all that thing is worth is the scrap metal price.

11. NewHewkas

12. Arystar

thx but it costs more then its original retail price + 150 dollars shipping nvm :rofl:

also im not that trustworthy when it comes to ebay. im hoping to find one locally or in the netherlands

13. NewHewkas

Yeah, but it's rare as hell... :( and in mint condition as I see, that's why it's overpriced. You won't find any of them soon, they were also limited, weren't they?

The real scam is the WBB for 1000$ on Ebay, it's tremolo mother-screw, or panel (idk how that's called) is broken has a lot of scratches etc. On the italian page you can find another ones in better condition for less money, as I did.

14. Arystar

rare is a big word. they werent limited as far as i am aware of but as with any guitar i think it got made in fewer numbers.
    Mint condition still doesnt mean u can charge it overpriced lol, it costed 800 euros over here in stores...

15. ==>Mask Of Sanity<==

I got my mint condition rr24m for only $600

16. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

I only paid $99.00 for mine......or actually the G/F paid for it as it was my BD present.

Pays to know the sales manager at Sam Ash!

17. ==>Mask Of Sanity<==

Does yours sound better with the pickup swap? Is the alx worth getting?

18. NewHewkas

You lucky ba....:heh:

You both have black RR24Ms?

19. srob7001

I love the way my guitar sounds with the ALX, but I also have a big brass block installed on the tremolo, and that does have an effect on the tone as well.

Is it worth getting? That's really up to your ears. I figured if I didn't like it I could always sell it and recoup most of what I paid for it.

20. srob7001

Mine is black. I have swapped all the hardware to gold except the tremolo, that is next on my list, then that guitar is complete.