This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by <-Warheart->, Mar 18, 2008.

1. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Yes, I had a blackout/mm-04 combi when Blooddrunk was released but wasn't really satisfied with this tone. Here's a little pickup/gainboost history of mine: first I had a HZ-H4/PA-2 combo, then blackout/PA-2, then blackout/mm-04, then J-50BC/mm-04, then J-50BC/JE-1000, then HZ-H4/Je-1000. The last combo ist the best I ever had because the HZ-H4 has more gain, more bass, is more agressive and has a cleaner tone then the J-50BC. I think this is my final combo. At least for this guitar.

2. J_H_C

J_H_C deanshredder

True. I can have almost just the same sound as on AYDY or Blodddrunk with my Peavey. However I dont wanna be a copycat so I try to develop my own sound.
    And indeed, the techinque is the thing! youre not as stupid than I thought man :-D

3. XSV

XSV New Metal Member

I just bought the 2003 Spinefarm LP Vinyl of Hate Crew Deathroll from eBay. I noticed on the sleeve, that encases the actual vinyl, that there are only lyrics for four of the songs (Needled 24/7, You're Better Off Dead, Chokehold (Ccoked 'N' Loaded, and Hate Crew Deathroll). Am I missing another slip that should have come with the vinyl that has the other lyrics of the songs. Or is this is (the cover, the sleeve, and the record). Any help is appreciated since this is a gift for my girlfriend who loves this album. I want to give it to her complete of course.

4. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

Nope, other lyrics aren't on the booklet.

5. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

I like both of those tones very much! If you could some how combine the 2 it would be great. Frist one needs more depth to it(mids), second one needs more highs to it....for my tastes.

Don't really think I've ever heard a bad tone come from your playing to be honest.

6. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

Got any sound clips of the BK PK? Been wanting to hear more of those. Hear nothing but great things about those PU's.

7. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

Not at the moment, no :/ I need to get off my lazy ass and go put up some recordings of my gear in general, but that means I'd have to tote it all to my friends house where I can do it and I can just never work up the motivation to do it lol. Maybe sometime this weekend though when I have alot of free time I can.

8. elli

elli Member

9. MaximHateCrew

MaximHateCrew ~ Needled 24/7 ~

10. aka_obscure

aka_obscure VIP member

Guys how do you think did Alexi uses some Tubescream before e530/gp1000 to cut and focus bass?

11. phantomnote

phantomnote Member

I think that'd be overkill. That is essentially what the gain boost/eq in his guitar does :)

12. aka_obscure

aka_obscure VIP member

Yes. Mybe. What is it?

13. aka_obscure

aka_obscure VIP member

Ok. I found it.

14. KISSINGTHESHADOW

KISSINGTHESHADOW KISSINGTHESHADOW

damn, i havnt been on this messageboard in like 7 years. anyhow..way back when i had a guitar teacher who happen to teach george lynch during his lynch mob days when he lived in scottsdale AZ(this was when he was done using heavy drugs)....and he happen to have a lee jackson GP-1000 88 version...and sold it to me...its sat in my closet ever since collecting dust...it still has the original "perfect tubes" lee jacksons factory tubes....and i have the original warrenty paperwork and all the other shit it came with lol..anyone want to buy it message me...its in absolutely great condition. btw anyone try that metaltronix DG-1? i just started playing again now that im out of the army and i dont need expensive ass equipment...

15. aka_obscure

aka_obscure VIP member

Guys please tell me what's wrong in scematic of je1000 copy. Sound "not so gainy". I want to buy an original JE but didn't found it so I bought a copy from ebay.
    Maybe who knows will send me a PM with answer or good pic of origin JE. thanks!

16. johnnytophat

johnnytophat BANNED

My je-1000 copy sounds great. Just hafta adjust the gain trim pot and eq dip switches...

17. aka_obscure

aka_obscure VIP member

Its good but did you got an original to compare? Someone here (don't remember who sorry) said that he has an orig and they sounds different with copy :(

18. aka_obscure

aka_obscure VIP member

Guys if someone will try to sell his GP-1000 please PM me i`ll take one :) fast buying fast shipping +)

19. bloodshedhostility

bloodshedhostility New Metal Member

new thrash metal band from ventura, ca

#1959 bloodshedhostility, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  20. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

*pulls out electricity cords from ceiling at 0:56*