This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The games/gaming discusion thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Shadow298, Feb 15, 2006.

1. black_tooth_grin

black_tooth_grin www.anwarrizk.com

2. black_tooth_grin

I picked up Star Wars:Force Unleashed (Ultimate Sith Edition) and Rock Band 3 last night.

Star Wars isn't to bad, but its honestly just another simple and very straight forward action game.

Go down a linear path, kill stormtroopers, collect power ups and repeat. It's ok until I reached the fourth level and I was completely bored. The story is decent enough and its awesome playing as Darth Vader, but it just seems to simple for my tastes. I'll most likely take it back once I've finished it as It's not something that I'd want to play again.

Rock Band 3 is great. I didn't get all the instruments as I'm still using the original Rock Band kit and guitar. The song selection is amazing with 80 songs to choose from on the game and now over 1600 to download online. Plus not forgetting the ones you can upload yourself in the near future. The metal selection is pretty decent. Dio, Def Leppard, Anthrax, Megadeth and many more.

I wish they'd incorporate more European bands into the mix. Maybe some progressive or power metal bands as they would greatly utilize the keyboard and harmony vocals. Some of the songs on Rock Band 3 are also available on Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. I've played both and Rock Band 3 is more suited to hardcore gamers and musicians alike. I seriously don't have enough time on my hands, or intend to spend so much money on instruments that I'm going to take the game back as well. Its good, but I'm a bit over the "hardcore" music games. I just want to play it and have fun, not spend 3 - 6 hours playing to get a song that I want to play when I buy the game, unlike Guitar Hero of course which already has all the songs included at the start of the game.

I think I might save myself for COD: Black Ops.

3. Zen

Zen Vows In Ashes...

Rock Band 3's fucking awesome, best music game ever. Harmonix have successfully addressed just about every complaint I have with the franchise (Able to change options mid song, on the fly, improved character creation etc), the song selection is fantastic, everything looks amazing and the game is just generally extremely polished. Ordered my keyboard from Amazon today after I found out retailers here were trying to flog them off for $130~, Amazon is $70+P&H ($30~, 3-5 day delivery).

Oh, and Power Gig looks amazingly, unbearably shitty. Seriously. It's like the Youtube comment I read; It looks like somebody's ported a PS1 game to the PS2 then released it for the PS3. Guitar Hero might be a giant turd, but at least it's been kind of polished.

4. cowboy

cowboy Member

Yeah Zen - the more I read about power gig, the more I decided it was a nice try, but RB3 does it far better.

I'm about to order the keyboard from Amazon. Need to get the US version of the game so its compatible with all our DLC so will probably grab that from cduniverse.com or barnes & noble.

5. cowboy

cowboy Member

A quick bit of research - for the PS3, the cheapest option would be to get the keyboard from amazon.com for about $US90 delivered, and the game from CD Universe for about $US60 delivered.

6. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Happy Little Boozer

oooo Rock Band 3 is out? Well I'm off to JB Hifi.

7. Pethical

Pethical Tom

Because it's made by Criterion! :)

I'm currently immersed in Fallout: NV, definitely feels like an expansion pack to me, but a good one at that. Love the weapon mods. Laser Rifle with scope, beam splitter and auto-regenerating ammo? Yes, yes and yes.

8. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

hmmmm. . .
    MS has updated their 360 dash board and not entirely sure that it's working probably because have heard that some updates really messed up

anyone else with same or similar issue?

9. Robotman

Robotman Gun Kata

Just been playing Fallout: New Vegas on PC for the last couple of days and besides the fairly regular crashes (Win 7 64-bit - high-end PC), I'm enjoying this a lot more than Fallout 3 (which I still liked). Not sure I can quite pinpoint why yet. Steam's d/l about a 300mb patch and I'm sure there are more to come.

10. black_tooth_grin

It took me 2 days to finally realise why I wasn't connected to Xbox Live. :S

There is some extra features which will come in handy for the Kinect add on. It's not as streamline and sleek as the previous dashboard, but I guess this new update will do wonders for the Kinect add on and everything else that's yet to come for the Xbox360.

Gary,

Do you see any major improvements in the graphics compared to Fallout 3? Someone said they updated the engine, but I reckon it still looks the same.

I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms from New Vagas. I may have to get it on Friday when I take back Force Unleashed and Rock Band 3.

11. cowboy

cowboy Member

Rock band Keyboard on its way from Amazon ($AU97 delivered) and Rock Band 3 for PS3 on the way from CD Universe ($AU70 delivered).

Cannot fucking wait!

And love the strong aussie dollar - would have cost $90 for the game and about $140 for the keyboard to get them locally :D

12. Mean Machine

I like the new dashboard. It's quicker, no lag when scrolling past video bits, and simpler to look at. Good stuff.

*edit* The difficulty ratings on Rock Band 3 are stupidly inaccurate. Some of the 3* and 4* songs are the simplest, repetitive cord progressions. Then they put something like Primus which is just insane soloing at only 2*.

13. cowboy

cowboy Member

According to Amazon.com my Rock Band Keyboard was delivered to my home about an hour ago, and signed for by me.

Interesting, considering I'm sitting at my desk at work 16kms away...

14. black_tooth_grin

Medal of Honor is only $52.99 for Xbox360 with free shipping at Ozgameshop.com

http://www.ozgameshop.com/xbox-360-games/medal-of-honor-tier-1-edition-game-xbox-360

It's the Tier 1 edition, so you'll get all the cool bonus stuff included. It is the PAL version, so it will work on your Aussie console.

I recently got my copy of Vanquish from their site and the game is absolutely amazing. For a game with barely any promotion over the last couple of months, I gotta say its one of the best action games I've played in a very long time. No multiplayer what so ever, but the campaign is just awesome. Graphics look superb and the reply value is top notch.

15. Shadow298

debating whether or not to get the new Red Dead Redemption zombie DLC

meant to be a 6 hour + story mode but is about $20 or so

anyone else got it?

16. cowboy

cowboy Member

I would LOOOVE the RDR zombie pack. For the money it sounds like excellent value - hell a lot of full price games don't give you 6 hours + of story these days.

But too many other games to play through at the moment, so I'm playing through Mass Effect 2 at the moment. Maybe when I'm done with that I'll think about going zombie hunting :)

17. Mean Machine

It's only 800 points. Which is about $12 or something I think. Haven't played it yet because I'm in the middle of moving house, and my xbox is in a different house than my games (yay for being well organised), but from the footage and what I've read it definitely looks to be worth the price.

18. Shadow298

I've got it on the PS3 but will confirm the price there

19. Zen

Zen Vows In Ashes...

Damn man, wish I lived in a city. Mine turned up today, and it turns out I'm fucking horrible at keys. I *barely* scraped through Du Hast on Pro Easy, then I bombed out trying it on non-pro Hard. Of course, I've never played keys before so that could be part of the problem...

20. cowboy

cowboy Member

Waiting for our copy of the game to arrive from cduniverse.com (have to get US version so compatible with our dlc library).

Not here yet so have to be content with the four songs on the demo until it arrives :(

Played Cold of Ice on easy, Spacehog on medium and Slipknot on hard. Lot of fun! Haven't tried pro mode yet :)