This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The games/gaming discusion thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Shadow298, Feb 15, 2006.

1. TROOPER MICK

TROOPER MICK Member

just got Fallout3 goty edition never played this b4 got it to see what all the hype was about and to play new vegas, i have a question, how do you use the fucking map in this game i find myself walking around for hours trying to find places but never seem to get there, is there a secret to reading the map im missing?? cheers for any replies

2. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

the map is shithouse, the local map more so (it can't tell you different levels within a building and so on)
    the trick is look at the blips on your compass (botton left corner) and just chase after them
    the thick solid line is the objecting, thin red ones are enemies, thin ones the colour of your pipboy are friendly or just not going to attack you right away

but half the fun is just stumbling around finding random stuff

3. black_tooth_grin

black_tooth_grin www.anwarrizk.com

I recently reinstalled Fallout 3 on PC to finish off Point Lookout. I forgot how big the game was and felt a bit overwhelmed when I installed it. The map on Fallout 3 does get confusing, but if you follow the hints Shadow gave you, you'll do fine.

I ordered Fallout: New Vagas on PC for $43 on CDWoW. Should hopefully get it next week. I'm really looking forward to playing it.

I'm starting to grow a new appreciation for Rock Band 3. I was going to take it back originally, but I'm really have fun playing it now. I will need a new drum kit though as my yellow cymbal is not responding properly. Does anyone know where I can get a good set for a decent price without having to fork out heaps for shipping?

4. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Happy Little Boozer

Anwar, if it's just a sensitivity issue then try covering part of the cymbal censor with masking tape. The more of it you cover, the more sensitive it becomes. There are youtube videos for specifics.

5. black_tooth_grin

Cheers Mitch. I'll give it a try.

6. Robotman

Robotman Gun Kata

You get used to map. :) Basics are, just wonder around and do things. If you want to keep focussed on where you're going, just bring up pipboy, go to the Quests screen, select a quest to do and then the compass will direct you (I think it's the solid large indicator on the compass). Sometimes two or three locations will be marked. Fallout is a game of exploration - you don't have to keep to the path and there will always be things to do and see wherever you go.

7. TROOPER MICK

TROOPER MICK Member

Black Ops :Spin::Spin:

8. black_tooth_grin

I'm liking Black Ops so far. The campaign is awesome. I've always been fascinated with the secrecy behind the Bay of Pigs, Vietnam, JFK etc. They've done a great job telling a story.

It took me awhile to realise it's Sam Worthington who does the voice of Mason.

Multiplayer is great fun. I find it more exciting now getting money from matches to buy equipment rather than leveling up. It seems fairer to me. I played for about an hour online last night and reached level 11.

Hopefully they introduce Australian servers soon because playing Americans is one of the main reasons why I've always disliked COD online. I played with an Aussie and a few New Zealanders last night and I didn't have much on an issue, but there was still lag throughout the matches.

Liking it so far though. Great game. Better than I expected.

9. Shadow298

supposedly Black Ops has a copy of the old PC text adventure Zork hidden in it as well as lots of other Easter Eggs
    despite not finishing or liking CoD 4: Modern Warfare as a game (the cut scenes and characters are great) I may put money aside for this one

10. Zen

Zen Vows In Ashes...

Is Black Ops multiplayer dedicated servers? If that's the case, try and find out if your ISP offers gaming servers, check their forums and you might find some IPs for games or groups to join?

11. TROOPER MICK

TROOPER MICK Member

details here works on all platforms

#3411 TROOPER MICK, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  12. Mean Machine

So we already knew Devin Townsend's Ziltoid album is coming to Rock Band, but now Addicted is as well. And, if both sell well, SYL's The New Black is next. As long as things keep selling well, his whole catalogue could be up there.

13. Zen

Zen Vows In Ashes...

I just wish metal wasn't so hard/exhausting to play as a drummer :lol: ESPECIALLY something like the Ziltoid album. Addicted would be amazing fun though, and I'd really like to see Terria or Ki out too.

14. black_tooth_grin

I don't know what it's like on PC, but Xbox360 just sets you up with the first person it finds. After playing last night though I see the problem is somewhat rectified. I was still playing some Americans but the server wasn't sluggish or unplayable, until nearing the end however when I was going ok and got booted off the server.

Good news about the Devin Townsend downloads. I'm glad I kept Rock Band 3 now.

15. cowboy

cowboy Member

Bon Jovi greatest hits - rock band edition track pack this week. Should be a bunch of fun to play!

Pretty good bunch of songs released for GH Warriors of Rock this week too.

16. black_tooth_grin

17. black_tooth_grin

Attention old school gamers!!!
    [​IMG]

Sega has recently re-released the Sega Megadrive, version 3. This new version includes 15 in-built games and comes with an AC adapter, RCA cables and 2 six button Megadrive controllers. You can also use preexisting Sega Megadrive games from PAL and NTSC regions, as the console is completely unlocked. All for $50.

Games list:
    - Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    - Alien Storm
    - Altered Beast
    - Arrow Flash
    - Bonanza Bros.
    - Columns
    - Crack Down
    - Decap Attack
    - ESWAT: City Under Siege
    - Fatal Labyrinth
    - Flicky
    - Gain Ground
    - Golden Axe
    - Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
    - Sonic & Knuckles

This console was originally released in the Asian region a couple of years ago, but didn't do so well in sales nor compatibility for some unknown reason. There was also a minor fault with the sound on some games, but I think (hope) they have fixed that problem as its been like 4 years since the last model was made.

http://www.atgames.net/

They are available at Kmart as of today. Good invest I must say. I got my mate to pick me up one this afternoon.

18. Mean Machine

Oh sweet, might grab one tomorrow. Missed out on an original one recently on Ebay, this shall do!

On a semi-related note, my copy of Conkers Bad Fur Day for N64 arrived yesterday. Heeeeell yeeeaah. Been craving this game for the last two years, finally got around to buying a copy.

19. Shadow298

great game just be prepared to have your balls ripped off with how hard it is.

they pretty much ramped up the difficulty in order to extend the play out, since it's not a long game and it packs in so many different types of game play.

but be prepared for some of the funniest boss battles of all time!
    You'll be killed because you're laughing so hard at them. :D

20. black_tooth_grin

My mate and I were playing the Megadrive for the past hour and can't find anything wrong with the system. The region unlock is great and will play anything, plus the sound problem which was on the old model has been fixed now.

Now to buy NTSC Genesis games as they're like $5 at the moment in the States.

Isn't Conkers Bad Fur Day on Xbox Live Arcade? It's a great game though. The poo monster is hilarious.