This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The games/gaming discusion thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Shadow298, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Happy Little Boozer

No idea, I wanted the original N64 game though. Found an adapter so I can play US/Japanese region games in it which means buying N64 games just got a whole lot cheaper. Goldeneye and Diddy Kong Racing are next on my list.

Shadow: I know how hard it is, used to have it back when I was a kid. Absolutely fantastic game. One of my all time favourites.

2. cowboy

cowboy Member

3. Falkor

Falkor J.B.C.M

the first 10s of that video made me even more annoyed at the stupidly annoying COD franchise than i already was. The dude fucking called it COD BLOPS wtf. He can't even be bothered to say the words.

The guys I work with asked about preordering the NEXT COD game when they picked up their Black Ops copies.. My god I hope that chain dies soon. We don't need anymore mediocre average FPS games. Some Originality would be nice like maybe Call Of Duty: Alley Cat or something

4. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

Gran Turismo 5 today, finally!!

5. TROOPER MICK

TROOPER MICK Member

and its goooood :OMG::worship:rock::kickass:

6. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

I played FIFA 11 a fair bit last night. It's nice and realistic. I like the way you can easily intercept loose passes, like you can in real life. Might have to invest in it down the track.

7. Nebulous

Nebulous Daniel

Got to play Gran Turismo 5 today. I will be buying a PS3 and the game eventually. Loved it. Except for the "B" series where you have to make a team of drivers. Seems a little rushed and isn't as fun as other aspects of the game. Drifting is quite difficult compared to the NFS series but still fun and the kart racing is a nice addition.

8. Nebulous

Nebulous Daniel

Actually, a question for the PS3 owners out there: I don't have an interest in too many games out there. In fact if it wasn't for GT5 I'd not even have thought about getting one- so would you recommend that I go with the 320GB or older 160GB version?
    I've heard that most games download updates as soon as you buy them, and alot of people use them to hold music and movies. Is the extra space worth it, or are there other benifiets to the 320GB version?

9. cowboy

cowboy Member

Nebulous - how shall I put this? No. No. No. No. Don't waste money going bigger.

Go smaller. The HDD in the PS3 can be replaced with any laptop hard drive. What I'm saying is, you will save yourself a heap of money by just getting the 160Gb model and buying a bigger HDD yourself :)

We have an old 40 gb model and bought a 700Gb hard drive to put in it. Simple, well documented process.

Also, you can view media like movies or avis off any external HDD that you just plug into the USB slots.

10. Nebulous

Nebulous Daniel

Sold! Thanks Dallas!

11. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

Cowboy, could you please give the link for how to install the hardrive on a PS3 please? I think you posted it 2 years ago or something.

12. cowboy

cowboy Member

13. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Ah I've just put two and two together and figured out why you chose Cowboy as your username. Took me long enough. :)

14. Nebulous

Nebulous Daniel

Lol I had the same epiphany as I wrote the last post!

15. cowboy

cowboy Member

HAHAHA :)

So anyway, I'm kinda torn on the Gran Turismo 5 thing. From all reports it looks sensational and everything, but I've waited for it for so long it cannot possibly live up to my expectations!

Maybe I'll wait for the inevitable cheap Platinum edition, or the equally inevitable "game of the year" edition :p

16. Nebulous

Nebulous Daniel

Waited long? I haven't owned a console since the original Playstation haha. GT5 really is worth getting IMO. I played GT3 quite a bit at a friends place when it came out and it felt like a kind of deviation from the originals in terms of the game play and the physics which felt somewhat NFS-esque at times.
    GT5 however feels right and has more to offer in comparison.

17. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

Just finished Assassin's Creed 1 and OMG what a PIECE OF SHIT!!!

That was not a game but a chore! A punishment from the Gods!
    Everything about it just ground you down -the broken combat, the dodgy controls, the repetitive nature of all the tasks. Just bloody everything about it!

AC2 better be worth the hype or shall be so pissed!
    But sharn't start on it right away.
    A few other games that I want to get through first.

18. Doesy

Doesy Fatal If Swallowed

How do you access an external HD on the PS3 after you've plugged it in? Is it in media sharing?

19. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Happy Little Boozer

AC2 is leagues above the first one. A huge improvement in every single way. It's worth it.

20. cowboy

cowboy Member

Two main things:

1 - the drive MUST be formatted as FAT32.
    2 - "Create a folder system identical to that on the Playstation 3. All folder names must be in capital letters. First, create a folder named "PS3" on your hard drive. Inside that, create folders named "PHOTO", "MUSIC", "VIDEO" and "GAME". The PS3 will not detect your hard drive unless you do this"