This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Great Escape

Discussion in 'Seventh Wonder' started by CardinalBlack, Feb 27, 2013.

1. CardinalBlack

CardinalBlack New Metal Member

I just want to thank Seventh Wonder for making the greatest song that I have ever listened to. At first i wasnt sure how i would get into a 30 minute song, and where i would find the time to listen to it all the way through. But once i decided to do it.. Unbelievable. I fell in love with it instantly. I mean, its 11 am here and i have already listened to it TWICE. I am seriously considering naming my daughter Aniara. And of course, as soon as I get a credit card i am going to order the poem, i just have to have it.

So thank you Seventh Wonder for making, in my opinion, the greatest metal song ever.

2. Frankgate

Frankgate Member

I second that.

3. BaraHime

BaraHime Member

It's passe, but I'll keep the count and third that. :D
    So I'm not the only one? :lol: It would make a lovely name, and the poem is incredible! You'll probably find the best price on amazon.com if you're patient. That's where I got mine. :)

4. RuRoRul

RuRoRul Member

It's always difficult to pick something like "greatest song ever", but to be honest I can't really think of many songs other than The Great Escape that are worthy of the title.

One of the best things about it is that even though it's a very long song, it's still one of those songs that I'm never not in the mood to listen to. I've listened to it a lot more times than other songs of similar length that I think are great, just because I need to be in a special frame of mind to want to put those songs on. Pretty much any time I've got at least half an hour available, The Great Escape is a good option.

5. Frankgate

Frankgate Member

Most of all, there's no weak moment, 30 minutes of pure magic.

6. BaraHime

BaraHime Member

^ THIS. That's the best thing about it. Usually I'm not a big fan of long songs due to the fact that so many end up with horrible lulls that make listening to them comparable to recording a movie with a camera constantly coming in and out of focus. They'll just blur out for a few minutes and then it'll get past the lull and I'll be like "huh, what? Oh." That never happens with The Great Escape, it holds you from beginning to end. :D Absolutely perfect.

7. Frankgate

Frankgate Member

don't think the wonder guys'll do another long song. Anyway, a couple of ten-minutes songs would be appreciated

8. ProdigalSon

ProdigalSon New Metal Member

I agree. It surpasses everything.
    EDIT: Everything I've heard before, I should say. Even my dear Kamelot.