This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"The Iron Cemetery"

Discussion in 'Illusion Suite' started by BalubaTheBrave, Aug 24, 2013.

1. BalubaTheBrave

BalubaTheBrave New Metal Member

Hi folks.

Have you had time to check out the one month old "The Iron Cemetery" album from Illusion Suite?
    You can find it on this link if you haven't already got it: https://itunes.apple.com/no/album/the-iron-cemetery/id669515472?l=nb

I myself really love that album very much, and I'd guess both you prog-heads and power-heads out there will love it too. :)

2. Kazar

Kazar SW-moderator

Well, in short: it's a fantastic album!

It's not a long album (38 minutes) but the quality is top notch.
    Nine songs, of which eight are real songs (there's an 'Intro' of 56 seconds), and they're either good, great or fantastic!

Great songwriting, tight musicianship, some real proggy and power parts as mentioned before and (most importantly for me) great melodies!
    Bill's voice has grown a lot in the last couple of years and he does a great vocal-job on this new album! There's a great variety in the way he's using his voice (including some more 'rough' passages) and I really like that.

In short (again): get this album!

3. geckoro

geckoro New Metal Member

Picking up this album, after a long (unintentional) break from listening to metal, has been a revelation, an excellent reintroduction into the genre!

4. Adrianam

Adrianam New Metal Member

I was quite surprised by this album. It differs from previous "Final Hour" in terms of technical layout and style. Illusion Suite has blended into more of what I would call a progressive melodic transitions, which in my opinion makes calling this music just powermetal or progressive metal, not identifiable on its own anymore.

Slightly less singalong verses this time (choir not included.), but it doesent matter whatsoever. The melodies are beautiful and gives more feeling in the music. There is no doubt that it has been good for them to use some time on this album, it has given Illusion Suite more interesting combinations and exciting transitions in music. One can hear in theyr melodies that the band members have been through their teenage "trash-age" and that they are fans of progressive metal but they still seem to keep it all melodic, borderline powermetal...

Bill delivers much better vocal performance this time and one can hear that the technique works more playful in his voice, a big improvement from the previous album.

If this is what the band managed to get by losing several key members and having a long break since the last release, I am really excited to see what else they have to butter us with.

For now... My favorit car-album.
    Streets of oslo, Here I am and I'm listening to Illusion Suite on full blast and belive it or not, it makes me have less of a road rage

PS: The T-shirt make everyone look at my boobies... Just can`t complain about that.

:worship:

5. brandonreyna

brandonreyna New Metal Member

YEAH! That album rocked! Very interesting lyrics, loved every song! Thank you Guys for Every song! It's worth living for! hahaha Greeting Illusion Suite from Mexico!
    "Think like a proton, think positive."

6. lonestar

lonestar New Metal Member

I had some passing familiarity with Illusion Suite so was very excited to get my hands on this one. Brilliant album, lots of the classic metal sound with some very exciting new twist. I did have an opportunity to review it for the webzine I work for, for those interested, here is the link....

http://www.ladyobscure.com/albums/illusion-suite-the-iron-cemetery/

7. lmlTimolml

lmlTimolml New Metal Member

This is in my opinion one of the, if not THE GREATEST album to come out this year! The variety of musical genres together with the depth of the vocals are just plain and simple magic! It's like hearing all my favorite bands in one perfect medley, my only regrets are that my stereo can't play it louder and the album is too short!! ;) WELL DONE! :worship:

8. makatowicz

makatowicz Bill

On behalf of Illusion Suite I would like to thank you all for your feedback as it is very important for us. Keep'm comming and don't be afraid to post your true opinion here. If you did not like it we would also like to hear about that, and why!

:heh:

Bill

9. Hotgirl

Hotgirl New Metal Member

Bills voice is impressive, and the music makes you float into a new universe! You get the adventure feeling from the start, and you want to know how it ends. I haven`t heard anything like this before in this genre, so the band have their own way that would be impossible for others to copy. The rhythms and riffs are really carried out with surgical precision - as written in the biggest newspaper in Norway. I am listening to the record over and over again and discover new things in it every time. :worship:

10. Lady Obscure

Lady Obscure Trouble Maker

I was blown away when I first heard IS... Bill and Roger were the first ones who blew my mind... then the whole band.. after a few more listens... I have been waiting for this album to arrive and man.. they never disappoint....

They will definitely be one of the best ones out there...

My senior editor lonestar already posted the link to his review but in case you've missed.. here is what he said about this brilliant album:

Mad love for this band.... :headbang:

11. wizarwet

wizarwet New Metal Member

A little too much vocal lines, yet it is a great album. I agree that the vocals sound much better, also the drumming is more dynamic than the debut. Congrats!

12. hansenolsen

hansenolsen New Metal Member

A good album that feels very much like a whole thanks to good production and varied compositions that fit well togheter. The performances aren't flashy, but rather play second fiddle to the compositions, but still manages to keep a proggy feel at times. The album manages keep it's quality up all the way through the record, so there are not many lowpoints. All in all; a very good album.