This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The New Black

Discussion in 'Devin Townsend' started by The Bringer, Jun 3, 2006.

1. The Bringer

The Bringer Member

Now that its leaked, what does everyone think?

I think it is much different than Alien. MUCH different. The drumming is incredible (as always, thank you Gene), the solos are shredding and the lyrics are great. There are just a few tones I don't like... "Fucker" is sort of a weak track that doesn't seem to flow too well with the rest of the album.

Hope is great. I love the insanity at the end. It starts off as a stadium show with Devy playing a riff and the crowd goes wild. Devy says "we keep it metal by keeping it real" and the song starts off as some kind of nu-metal type shite and eventually gets fucking insane. Brilliant! :kickass:

2. Alex78

Alex78 Fretbuzz Virtuoso

I'm not downloading! :) I'll have to wait till the release date... I'm curious though, because I thought that Alien was a huge improvement over the self-titled.
    still trying to really get into Synchestra though...it's so different to AE. the second half is really epic

3. The Bringer

The Bringer Member

Well the last two or three songs on TNB can be considered somewhat "epic" but nothing like Imperial/Skesis.

4. Ragnaviper

Ragnaviper 2 Minutes Plz?

Pretty good, it seemed more conventional to allow greater accessibility but the songwriting was still solid. They also seemed to have forced a lot of influence from classic metal bands like Judas Priest in there as well as a bit of White Zombie.

5. froghawk

froghawk Member

I like it. It's very much in the Synchestra mindset. Hope seems to be a Pixillate reference, and Polyphony is a Judgement reference. Almost Again just has that Synchestra feel, and The New Black is epic. I love how the album peaks on the last 3 songs instead of right in the beginning like the last few albums. Also, Wrong Side is, of course, great! Especially the sweeping riff. I love the big band in Antiproduct as well. Overall, it doesn't touch Alien, but it destroys the s/t and makes a nice companion to Synchestra. :)

6. -Rivfader-

-Rivfader- Klingons on Uranus

I personally love it. I think The New Black itself is an amazing song.

You Suck and Fucker are pretty damned funny songs though. :headbang:

7. MECOSARIO

MECOSARIO NARCOSATANICO

Im dying to heae that shitt but right now Im traveling and cant download stuff

So I have to wait for the album; Its like two weeks anyway...not so bad

but aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

8. BlueSky

BlueSky New Metal Member

bought 5 really good tracks on there..wrong side, far beyond metal, almost again, polyphony and the new black

9. -Rivfader-

-Rivfader- Klingons on Uranus

The drumming on Hope is crazy.

10. The Bringer

The Bringer Member

Besides the last three tracks Hope is easily the next best. It is a real rollercoster ride of a song!

It starts off nice and easy and slowly you climb that hill and the anticipation gets bigger and bigger as the edge comes closer. Your heart beats fast and fast and everything gets a little crazy. Then you fall over the edge and unleashed to all chaos ;)

11. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Member

TNB rules! Especially Wrong Side. I'm also amazed at how Devin sings and plays the lead in that song live at the sametime!:kickass: