This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

Discussion in 'Dark Tranquillity' started by rahvin, Apr 13, 2007.

1. DisplayofCharacter

DisplayofCharacter Are You Scared Enough?

Cats go meow. I do love them so though, good pets.*

*I do like dogs also

My condolences DS.

2. Siren

Siren Active Member

I'm sorry DS. :(

3. RampageSword

RampageSword AWARE! BEWARE! WAR!

Let us join in our sadness, last week I received news that my dog died, not one month after I left the family house. She was 12.

I understand what you mean, me too I won't have a dog to pet when I go back to visit my dad & brothers.

4. Dark_Silence

Dark_Silence Member

thanks guys, and sorry for your dog, Rampy.

5. Siren

Siren Active Member

Sorry for your dog too Rampy. :/

6. plintus

plintus Senior Member

Haha, funny shit: I call my parents once in a while, so I had this little mean dog, and always asked how she was, and they are like - she's OK, fucking fat, but yeah, so when I talked to my granny and asked the same question a few weeks ago, she was like "Um, you know, she's dead for like a few years".

For some reason my parents didn't tell me that for a very long time, and, honestly, after so long I don't give a fuck.

7. rahvin

rahvin keeper of the flame

Is any forum dweller in NYC right now (meaning from tonight until next Friday)? Because I am and if I know you from the board I might want to hang out with you one night or something.

8. DisplayofCharacter

DisplayofCharacter Are You Scared Enough?

@ Rav: That's interesting. Well, I can't get into the city until Monday (I have work almost all weekend, plus trains don't run on weekends) but I'm about a 15 minute (ish) train-ride away.

Why are you in NYC, if you don't mind? Business? None of my business?

9. rahvin

Vacation, with my girlfriend. We had been planning it for a while, but only got to the booking part very recently, so we weren't sure about the if/when/where until the very last minute.
    If any day between Monday and Friday you can get into town I'd love to meet you. We can find our way in Manhattan, but not outside, so downtown would be best. Send me a PM, we'll exchange information. :)

10. plintus

plintus Senior Member

I was there Wednesday, I don't wanna go back :D

[​IMG]

11. rahvin

Damn, I should have thought about asking on the board earlier than this. You sure you don't want to? I (might) have pizza.

12. plintus

plintus Senior Member

Haha :D

Don't you wanna play tourist and come to Philadelphia? But beware - that involves drinking ;) Free photos by Ughi included :D

Any other week I could, but there was 27 last week, and I skipped 2 days at work, which is, even with my own schedule, is too much =/

13. Matse

Matse Customized individuum

Just curious, is anyone else here watching "How I met your mom"? It is the greatest sitcom ever. Actually it is the only one I even remotely like, I usually hate sitcoms. But this one is awesome. I watched the first episode on Wednesday and finished the 22nd/last episode of the first season today. I am loving my ass off (loving/laughing you know, it sounds the same, so I actually pulled a joke here, a wordplay you know, because you usually say laughing my ass off and I do that, but I also love it (explaining jokes is fun)) and the characters are great, the women are pretty, etc. etc. blabla. Did I mention I like it? Oh, and I am in a surprisingly good mood today considering that I have a small hangover from a bad party.

I also am as of yesterday no longer a metalhead. Short hair is great.

DT are still the best of all, just in case anyone here doubts my faith.

14. Siren

Siren Active Member

Why did you do that just before the gig? Weren't you also the one who was suggesting we all wear pink?

15. incendo

incendo Member

Matse; i feel the same things for "Coupling". a year ago a friend of mine came up with "How i met..." DVDs and praising words for it. he suggested that it was even better than Coupling, so i gave it a chance. but no... still, Coupling is the most awesome, brilliant tv show ever. however, there's this problem that one Coupling season includes only 6-9 episodes.

16. rahvin

@plintus: I wish I could come to Philly, but - realistically - I'm not going to make it. Shame, though. Hope you can get your ass to Europe sooner than later.

@Matse: My ideal sitcom is still Seinfeld, but recently I've watched a couple of episodes of The Big Bang Theory and liked it. You should give it a try, it's certainly in the same broad vein as How I Met your Mom, in terms of how it deals with "modern" humor and pop references. The characters are likeable in much the same way as well.

17. Cuthalion

There is a new British tv series called No Heroics. Its about a group of friends who just happen to be super heroes :) they live in a city with many other super heroes and some of those have really lame powers. They all hang out in a super hero bar and thats where most of the action takes place.
    It's very funny you should check it out if you can.

I like How i met your mother very much. I think that i have seen every episode. I especially like Barney's character and i just found out that Neil Patrick Harris, the actor who is playing Barney, is gay and thats awesome considering his role as an epic womenizer :)

18. Ross

Ross valfri baguette

nph is gay?
    prison break new season is starting today here in sweden, CANT FUCKING WAIT!!

19. Matse

Matse Customized individuum

So I guess after I finish all three and a bit seasons of How I Met Your Mother I fill try out No Heroics, Seinfeld and The Big Bang Theory.

I probably like Barney the most as well. He is legendary. It is probably unnecessary to mention that Robin and Victoria are great women.

Besides HIMYM I also currently watch the newest seasons of Heroes and Dexter (edit: The latest season does not seem that great though).

20. plintus

plintus Senior Member

I can get to NYC any week but this, I even have something for Saturday already, so the next time I'm on your side of Atlantic - your arse ist mine!

In other news: you, fucking couch potatos, fucking disgust me. Televison? Go fuck your mother! And father! Then watch them fuck and fuck them again. Include your pets and siblings if you have any.

Seinfeld is the best sitcom ever (I own entire series as a black box edition), I don't bother to watch any other shit except some good shows which run at least a few seasons (usually HBO) or HBO miniseries, but I never ever have time to watch it before it gets released on DVD.

Mainly because it's waste of time: Heroes 2, Prisonbreak 2 (I couldn't even start with 3), Lost 2... all crap.