This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

Discussion in 'Dark Tranquillity' started by rahvin, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Siren

Siren Active Member

Still much younger than all the 37-year-olds that've been thrown my way.

2. rahvin

rahvin keeper of the flame

Is this a popular game in Greece? And do you have to catch them or dodge them?

3. Siren

Siren Active Member

I think it involves grabbing..

But i'm good at dodging. ;)

4. Siren

Siren Active Member

Sorry for the double post but...

I just won a cd.

I love bands who send me cds for free.

5. Matse

Matse Customized individuum

Well, which band, is it great, how did you get so lucky?

6. Siren

Siren Active Member

The band is Plastic Parachute, they had a small contest in their myspace and i won..
    Incidentally, the cd is called "Elephants & Giraffes", talk about karma. ;)
    I like them, but they're not metal. :p They're also awesome with the fans, it seems like they always find time to talk to them.

7. plintus

plintus Señor Member

I'm easily entertained:

[​IMG]

Yeah, those are my bed sheets. Yes, red. And no - not because of blood of virgins: Philly ran out of virgins shortly after I moved there. I just like it that way.

Meh, what prejudice are we talking about here? The guy I know (looks like Eric Bana, btw, really smart kid, not your white trash type) almost got shot - was chased, at least, - by some latina's father, huge construction worker, then her brother called him and was threatening to kill him if he would continue seeing his sister. I mean - movies is one thing, but when it's a true story, you know, makes one think twice; and that's where you get discriminated for being white (like I give a fuck who you are before you tap that "white boy" shit), but I see they give you "those looks" just because you look older - that's fucking ignorant.

Hey, and everyone likes shit. They just don't admit it. Human nature, you know?

8. hyena

hyena counterclockwise

@plintus: i'm told that the same thing happens in italy with romanian girls. a friend of mine (same story as yours - smart guy, decent job, not a lowlife etc) has a mate from Romania with whom he really gets along, but the moment he invited his sister to the movies there was hell to pay. incidentally, my friend wasn't even trying to hit on her, he was just really saddened by the fact that she had mentioned never going to a movie theater since she moved to italy. but apparently it was really a big deal, since he's my age and she's 19.

edit - i have a set of crimson bed sheets, i'm glad to find out i'm not the only one with silly-colored linen.

9. QRV

QRV historyphobic

plint: I know what you mean. there's plenty of such violent imbeciles around here, that's where the cliché thing comes true. it's a very sad cultural problem.

i guess i concur on the shit thing as well.

10. marduk1507

marduk1507 Member

Shut up! :)

Oh man, this cant be happening, really. I was so glad when you got together with her, said how great she is. She seemed so normal from what you said before. And then she does that. I dont really get it. Talk about jealousy, some guys would go berserk, you just ended the whole thing. Apparently she doesnt realise that had it been someone else, she mightve ended up with a black eye or something. Shit like that is just unbelievable - being in a relationship and start sleeping in bed and playing around with some other guy. What is she, 14 or what? And then blame you. Was it some kind of test or what? There is only one thing that comes to my mind as a reasonable explanation. Youve been quite busy with your band lately, maybe she was feeling lonely or I dont know. Could it be?

11. rahvin

rahvin keeper of the flame

@KC: Disloyalty began when she slept with the other guy while you were together, so I don't see how it could be even remotely be because of you not "making her yours" that she started dating him: your withdrawal was a legitimate reaction. In a committed relationship sexual infidelity is commonly accepted as pretty solid ground to end things, and well you did. To cope with the emotional residue it's probably best to sever contacts for a while. To deal with the failure of the relationship and to accept she's simply not the one for you, it may take time and getting treated better by someone else.

12. plintus

plintus Señor Member

Words of wisdom.

However, I came to this all by myself - was in the same situation not that long ago, without too much drama shut everything out and concentrated on things which are really important to me.

I mean: why the fuck chase someone who's not into you as much as you are into her? She slipped once, she'll slip again ("fool me once saying", aye?)

Pull your shit together and be the one she'll always want and will never get.

Fucking kids...

13. Wolfman Von Jones

Wolfman Von Jones The trouble with you

Thank you everyone who wished me a happy b-day. I had a good time and all that jazz.

Nick

14. Siren

Siren Active Member

I'll be damned.. Nick is my lost sibling. Good thing i didn't marry him.

15. Wolfman Von Jones

What are you talking about? We have two children.

16. Siren

Siren Active Member

I told you not to make out incest public. :(

17. Wolfman Von Jones

Well you know, "incest is best, put your sister to the test".

18. Hiljainen

Hiljainen why can't we not be sober

yesterday i found out that my father set the right time on my alarm clock, which used to be 1 hour and 20 minutes fast. it was a big change. this inspired me to set also the stereo's calendar/clock, which is currently about a year fast, so maybe some day i'll do that :p
    in the meanwhile i'm still puzzled about who sets the car's clock (which, by the way, isn't a digital clock, but a big old one just next to the speedometer) and how they do that: i still haven't found any button near it in the past years, yet that clock is always right.

19. hyena

hyena counterclockwise

@hilj: i think it's santa.

hint: normally them old analogical car clocks have a button in the middle. you never know it until you randomly push it and stuff happens.

edit: i want to sue thomas harris for ruining my life. my impossible standards are all his fault, and all he does in the way of atonement is make more and more money (also, i might want to sue a few choice fanfiction writers, but there's not much cash in it, so i'd better let them be). :p

20. Siren

Siren Active Member

edit: it makes me angry just to read it again, so it's removed. worthless piece of shit that want to be called educated people don't deserve posts.