This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The News Thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by Jimmy... Dead., Jun 19, 2014.

1. Mort Divine

Mort Divine Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd

This entire post is proof enough. You willingly ignore the racial and cultural history of the indigenous peoples of this country just to advance your own political agenda.

2. Mort Divine

3. TechnicalBarbarity

TechnicalBarbarity -TheNightsBane-

.. no need for the history lesson, sis. I know exactly what the mountains origins are.

And I didn't ignore anything, just said that almighty obama himself decided to change the name of the mountain due to politics. I never went into details and never said what it's name was, is or should be. So don't go putting words in my mouth like you usually do. Ugh x2.

For you to accuses me of being a racist based on no facts whatsoever is disgusting. I was raised and still live in multi-ethnicity, the last thing i think of when talking to someone is what color they are ... you divisive fuck. You are nothing but pure hate, i swear.

BECAUSE THIS IS NOT REALLY ABOUT WHAT THE NAME OF THE MOUNTAIN IS GODDAMIT! friggin' simpletons. But yeah, sorry .... this is clearly not the place for me to have mentioned this topic. Once again, i apologize. Good day.

4. Mort Divine

If you ignore the color of someone you ignore the experiences that they went through as a result of that color. Being some "I'M NOT RACIST I DON'T SEE COLOR" moron doesn't make you not racist.

5. rms

rms Active Member

Dude who the hell cares about McKinley? If it was Mt. Regan maybe you'd have a point but jesus christ, McKinley?!

6. TechnicalBarbarity

@morty

i hate to burst your imaginary bubble, but no one around here goes through any different experiences because of their color. I already told you i was raised in and still live in a multiethnic neighborhood so i should know. Have you ever actually been to one? Yeah, i didn't think so. Like i said, good day .... you ignorant, divisive, lying, venomous fuck.

7. The Ozzman

The Ozzman Melted by feels

Please watch with the namecalling

8. Mort Divine

9. TechnicalBarbarity

worst(and first) word that was tossed around was racist. But yeah im done here so you don't have to worry about me Ozzman.

10. SentinelSlain

SentinelSlain Suck my joined date.

why do the cultural rights of minorities matter that much if they're happy to be lumped or self lumped into one big anti-white male collective of people who happily fuck white slutty women and live in countries with white ruling classes? If being an individual group mattered so much, they wouldn't listen to music from african american ghettos, watch films made by jews, eat european food and speak a language from Britain. Stop doing those things, then we'll give a shit about how awful it is that a rebel flag is flying somewhere or a place name is colonial in origin.

11. muldersLEFTNUT

muldersLEFTNUT New Metal Member

what the fuck

12. arg

arg Active Member

13. Omni

Omni User

Only ignorant people think this is a real thing that happens.

14. TechnicalBarbarity

Hey did you guys hear about it?! We're changing the names of all of our cities, rivers, mountains and lakes back to what they were called by the Native Americans! Those darn settlers ruined everything, didn't they? Mt Whitney will from now on go by its indigenous name, Tumanguya. Mt Rushmore will be known as Six Grandfathers and Lake Superior will be Gichi-Gami. It's the right thing to do, since we've been oppressing and imposing our laws on the Native Americans, right MF?

goodnight y'all. ;)

15. Omni

Omni User

That would actually be the right thing to do. It's a shame that there isn't a way to reverse the large scale genocide of Native Americans, even though I'm sure that you have a plan for that too.

16. Einherjar86

Einherjar86 Active Member

We actually use a lot of Native American names, at least in New England and New York. Hell, Massachusetts is named after the indigenous peoples who lived in the area.

I don't think cities need to be changed. They were built and named by settlers, I don't think they need to be called by Native American names. As heartless as it is, history is destruction: "All progressions from a higher to a lower order are marked by ruins and mystery and a residue of nameless rage."

That said, small gestures like changing Mt. McKinley's name are worth it, I think.

17. rms

rms Active Member

I wonder where the name Lake Ontario came from..

18. Dak

Dak mentat

Progressions whether from higher to lower or lower to higher involve a measure of destruction. This naming stuff is the sort of stupid empty gesture and indignant uproar that defines both mainstream US political constituencies/leaders.

19. Krow

Krow Garbage Connoisseur

I'm going to second that in the tri state area of WV, Ohio, and PA exist a bunch of places with Native American names.

20. TechnicalBarbarity

I think the other three great lakes(outside of Superior) all use names derived from Native Americans.

Yea, a lot of our cities, states etc. names have Native American roots. Idaho is from the Shoshoni speaking Uto-Aztecs. Iowa is from the Ioway Sious. Minnesota comes from the Dakota Sious. Utah is form the Ute people. The name of my city(Pasadena) means "crown of the valley" in Chipewwa. etc. I dont think any of the English names should be changed unless they are clearly offensive to people ... for example, Polack Lake in Michigan, Jewtown in Georgia or even the town of Wop Draw in Wyoming. What obama should be trying to do is change the name of Darkey Springs in Tennessee, change the name of Negro Mountain in Maryland, change the name of Negro Creek and of Dead Negro Draw(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Negro_Draw) in Texas ... not a mountain that was named after one of our presidents from over 100+ years just to stir some shit up in the political world. But yeah, there's a reason he is known as the Divider in Chief.

Pretty much agree with these statements.