This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The News Thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by Jimmy... Dead., Jun 19, 2014.

1. CiG

CiG Neanderthal Parallax

I didn't even know our PM was deporting New Zealand-born criminals back over there. :lol:

Anyway the New Zealand PM is a fuckwit and I hope we keep doing it.

2. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

We deported some father of a footballer before the grand final a few years back and it made news all over the place because it was unfair not to let a guy with OMC connections who had been in and out of jail watch his son play in his first grand final. The same son who'd been reprimanded several times throughout his career for having associations with OMC members. I don't know if Mr Potatohead Dutton chose his time to deport the guy just as his son's team got in the grand final or if it was just how the timing worked but it was big news and I believe two years later when the same team got back into the grand final dad was here to see the game anyway, and that year they won.

I don't know how many others are being deported but honestly there should be a line at the airport a mile long....and even though his not a Kiwi ScoMo should be at the front of the line.

3. CiG

CiG Neanderthal Parallax

Apparently we've deported something like 4k.

4. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Geezus that's hardly going to make a dent in the number that are here.

It's kind of stupid really, crims are crims and should be treated as such, but it was only 20 years ago (or thereabouts) where travel between the two countries was almost Visa free, yet now we are sending the ones we don't like home.

5. CiG

CiG Neanderthal Parallax

I think it's stupid it was ever "almost Visa free."

6. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Could be worse, we could be visa free with America :)

7. Oblivious Maximus

Oblivious Maximus I am the worm

Didn't recognize Ardern without the hijab.

CiG likes this.
  8. CiG

CiG Neanderthal Parallax

9. TechnicalBarbarity

TechnicalBarbarity -TheNightsBane-

10. CiG

CiG Neanderthal Parallax

#11150 CiG, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    HamburgerBoy likes this.
  11. HamburgerBoy

HamburgerBoy Active Member

Peter Paul Mountgomery Buttigieg is out. Biden endorsement before Super Tuesday eminent.

CiG likes this.
  12. CiG

CiG Neanderthal Parallax

Biden destroyed everybody in South Carolina.

13. HamburgerBoy

The SC victory was well-assumed though. They're a fairly deep-red state that Democrats never win, and there is also a particularly strong establishment grip there (Ron Paul, Donald Trump, and Bernie Sanders were all heavily booed during their respective rigged South Carolina debates). It's hilarious to see MSNBC cherry-pick SC blacks as representative of all blacks, when nationally Sanders still does best with blacks of all the candidates, and when Southern blacks' votes are effectively meaningless anyways.

Also, saw this on /pol/, a good bit of schadenfreude:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pete_Butti...other_day_another_500_for_pete_lets_get_some/

14. CiG

CiG Neanderthal Parallax

Biden does well specifically with southern blacks, but he also dominated with whites in SC. Polls break down specifically that he did best with undereducated blacks and whites and it wasn't even a close one.

15. HamburgerBoy

Yeah but that's not too surprising. The Dem party is rapidly moving to the left, and Southern Dems can't keep up. South Carolina Democrats made up 1.3% of the Democratic electorate in 2016, a state HRC lost by 14 points. There are different kinds of low-education demographics, and it's the old ones in SC that particularly helped Biden. Sanders can afford to lose some blue dog boomers if he makes up for it with low-education Hispanics, which he seems to be doing in states where they are a sizeable demographic.

CiG likes this.
  16. CiG

CiG Neanderthal Parallax

Totally agree with everything there.

17. Onder

Onder Gegen unendlich

Yeaaaah, so, my university stopped lectures for two days because we're super lucky and one of the first three infected in the country is a professor there. I doubt it will stop with just the two days break.

I'm sure my workplace will remain unaffected so I should be fine going to work with no issues.

We were planning to go abroad for the easter holidays but with these procedures being implemented everywhere around the continent, I refuse to buy plane tickets in advance. I'm not scared of catching the virus but I think the services will be very limited everywhere.

18. Sedition and Pockets

As always in bourgeois electoral politics, this is as much about the money as it is about the votes. Biden's cratering support through the winter had made the question, "Can he get to and through Super Tuesday in position to contest the primary through to the convention." The SC win likely answered that question from a pure vote-share viability perspective, but the often unacknowledged structural weakness of his campaign has been that it hasn't been raising money at nearly the clip necessary. By dropping out when he did, Mayor Pete likely shifts much of his powerful donor base to Biden, possibly enabling a last minute ad blitz in key Super Tuesday contests as well as allowing him to aggressively contest the post-Super Tuesday states in a way he otherwise might not have been able to. It makes it much more likely that we get to a convention without any candidate possessing the necessary majority of pledged delegates to win on the first ballot, and much, much more likely that we get a contested convention where Biden's share of the pledged delegates is high enough to provide sufficient political cover for the Party leadership to feel it is positioned to screw Bernie over in favor of Uncle Joe.

19. Einherjar86

Einherjar86 Active Member

Wtf is wrong with this? She's literally calling out a Bernie bro for accusing her of something that Bernie was already doing. As far as I'm concerned, she's playing the game. If everyone else is doing it, then why shouldn't she? I'm fine with her changing her position on something that's going to hold her back against her competitors.

Bernie won't retaliate because he knows can't demolish that "dumb bitch." She's smarter than he is, her memory's better, and she's sharper when it comes to spontaneous criticism.

20. CiG

CiG Neanderthal Parallax