This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The official and most atmospheric Children of Joonas thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by <Arcane>, Dec 5, 2012.

1. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

I present to you the most atmospheric melancholic black metal tremolo in a while: 2:11 ->

It's great in the intro when the piano first gives a backbone to the melody, then hopefully you've turned up your volume loud enough to get that slight shock. It's slightly softer in the repeat which is why I timed that.

Here's another I love, 6:36 ->

It has this feeling of camping by a fire in the dark woods, plotting how to take over the world now that a cataclysm has devastated everything, or something to the like. There's some esoteric dimension to these dark melodies that has made me a huge sucker to this style of music. It's a whole different musical entity to the melodic death metal where Hypocrisy's riffs and Bodom's melodies, malice-spitting vocals and such give me a huge dopamine peak.

#281 (__Joonas__), Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  2. (__Joonas__)

What I get most excited about atm: 5:40 - 7:40

3. (__Joonas__)

Because of natural evolution of taste and the shortage of good new death metal and doom metal, my taste in metal has refined in this sort of black metal. There exists more good black metal these days than melodic death or atmospheric doom. Recently I've grown very much into this kind of drumming, just to point out. It's really a huge thing, how death metal is dying, doom metal is non-existent, but black metal is flourishing. That's how it seems to me, unless I'm missing something. Another genre that's flourishing in numbers is stoner doom.

#283 (__Joonas__), Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  4. (__Joonas__)

I'd love to hear him try Dark Souls on Playstation. Can anyone contact them and suggest? I'm too lazy.

ESA1996 likes this.
  5. (__Joonas__)

16:40 this is some of the sickest and coolest shit... a full minute of 32th note blastbeat pedals with atmosphere. It's not musical anymore at that speed, but when done right it actually is, it's like a trance mindstate, can imagine how shocking experiencing this live would be. Disappointing side is when your mind gets habitated to this speed everything else seems slow.

6. (__Joonas__)

I love fucking dark rum. I feel the atmosphere of sailing in a ship cargo on a stormy sea, comforting myself with this exotic and mystical sensation.

#286 (__Joonas__), Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  7. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

What do you guys think about the theory that Roope co-wrote a lot of songs on Halo Of Blood with Alexi, but was never given enough credit so he had fight with him? This album is the one they skip playing the most...only played HOB once on this tour...they even play RRF more :rofl:

8. (__Joonas__)

Sounds like not true.