This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Pitiless -- Official Video

Discussion in 'Dark Tranquillity' started by anita_job, Sep 26, 2016.

1. anita_job

anita_job Member

2. Alfred

Alfred Clothes-Hook

And... here we go :headbang: As of now it's probably too soon to debate about lyrical content or such, but Mikael's voice sounds at the highest level, technically flawless, and the musical texture is satisfying, I think: the changes both in beat and tune are often unexpected and always emotionally striking. The musical layers are maybe slightly too thin for my taste, but it's just the style they've decided to play in since We are the Void, more or less, and I'm sure this track is going to grow on me in the next days.

Welcome back, guys. Hands down, you're still the best :headbang:

3. nerxastul_millenxi

nerxastul_millenxi New Metal Member

Just my 2 cents:

1st : compare to DT’s two previous albums (WATV and Construct), “The Pitiless” as their first single from ATOMA is more quickly adapted rather than “Shadow in Our Blood” and “For Broken Words”. Since I already had experience with WATV and Construct, “The Pitiless” naturally flow inside me.

2nd : “The Pitiless” indeed surrounded by old riffing style with dark ambient from Martins keyboard and this is a DT’s standard design at Haven, WATV and Construct (Haven and WATV are more guitar driven). New sound I can hear is at 0:44 to 0:51 and repeat at some section, I’m totally new of this.

My childish wishes that there will be some songs in “ATOMA” had some classic styles like an album from The Mind’s I to Fiction era. And referred to some snipped songs at DT’s FB I’m really excited to wait for the date release. I’m going 40 next month, every time DT announced new album I’m always get younger, just like a teenager waiting for his first CD death metal mail order :)

Love You, DT!

4. requiem

requiem I bleed sir, but not killed

This is a really good song. They've got their modern sound pretty locked in now I think, as this really could easily fit on 'Construct'. I don't know, it's been a while since I've heard it. It's a good track, it's got that nice emotional thrust with the keyboards and there's their now omnipresent electronic component.

Tags: