This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

THE "POST YOUR EARLIEST/MOST EMBARASSING RECORDINGS" THREAD

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by darthjujuu, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Fuire

Fuire New Metal Member

Hahaha, oh wow. It's definitely, uh, original. :p

Anyway, I recorded this track about a year ago with a friend of mine. I had never made a serious attempt at recording anything before, so the whole thing was definitely a learning experience. It took a long time to get things to sound decent since I had virtually no recording/mixing knowledge at the time and everything was clipping like nobodies business. I even plugged my guitar right into the line-in on my Macbook with a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter instead of using an interface... D'oh.

The guitars were going through Guitar Rig 2 and the bass was programmed using Logic 8's shitty built-in bass amp plugin. My friend programmed the drums with EZ Drummer and DFH. We never got around to doing vocals because all we had was the built-in mic on my Macbook (which I've actually managed to get decent results from in the past) and we were living in dorms at the time, so obscure yelling and such probably wouldn't have gone over well.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3908253/Untitled.mp3

2. professorlamp

professorlamp I are Joe

3. AD Chaos

AD Chaos MGTOW

Elisha Cuthbert

This is my earliest recording.. back when Metallica weren't sellouts yet :rolleyes:

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/nothing.mp3?w=86f14c03

That file has been the only thing that survived numerous hardware disasters, accidental formattings, upgradings, etc etc
    The metronome and all the sounds -besides the guitars- where from a built-in card of a really old pc
    And I plugged the guitar with a headphone converter (Yes I know I stepped on a cat at the beginning)

4. gabriel g.

gabriel g. Member

All the old CD´s of my first mixes are broken so I uploaded a clip of my first REAL studio session (at the time my band has a totaly different line-up and we did mostly deathmetal :) )

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1425397/first real studio session.mp3

Have fun.

I mastered the clip, it was tracked and mixed by Jörg Uken

5. Ronixis

Ronixis Rocket surgeon

6. professorlamp

professorlamp I are Joe