This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Sports Thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Here you go, folks! Talk about your favourite recreational pastimes here! :)

PS: Yawwwwnn! HAHA!

2. pipsqeek

pipsqeek Musical Delinquent

LOL.

Is sex a sport?

There, I said it! You all were thinking it! Don't lie :p

3. pipsqeek

pipsqeek Musical Delinquent

Okay, seriously though.....

Not sure what the point of this tread is, but I like mountain biking. Pretty much anything on two wheels is fun for me.

4. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

It's not sport unless it involves Russell Ingall chasing Craig Lowndes around a mountain in a big hunk of steel! :p

5. Toby

Toby Cheesegrater Of Chastity

:lol: Just V8s or racing in general?

6. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

And not catching him.

7. Toby

Toby Cheesegrater Of Chastity

Heh, should've figured that avatar for a Ford man's

8. Trephinator

Trephinator The Mongrel

Motor racing :puke:

This thread is off to a bad start :p

9. reidie

reidie Member

Ok, Cricket, more specifically the current series against India.

Sydney test: What a great example of test match cricket, IMO the best since the ashes of ‘05. After almost 5 days of play it took until the second last over of the final day for a result to be settled. The umpiring was atrocious with India probably copping the rougher end of a pretty rough sick. Consequently Anil Kumble had a whinge about the spirit in which Australians played the game and the ICC’s most senior umpire was sacked from the Perth test. I read a great reader response to an article on baggygreen soon after the test match. It said the only thing Australia did wrong in the Sydney test match was win the game. Think about it. If the result had of been a draw, would Anil Kumble have vented his post match disappointments on the aussies lack of "spirit"? Probably not. And the umpiring decisions, although dreadful, would not have looked as bad as they would have not influenced the result of the game.
    As for the Australian side, the lack of depth in our spinning stocks post Warnie was brutally exposed with Brad Hogg failing to take a single wicket in the second innings and being well and truly upstaged by the part timers Clarke and Symonds. Lets hope Stuey MacGill can get back to form…

Perth Test: India played very well to break a tied record streak of 16 straight test matches for the Aussies. Again more holes in the aussie side were exposed with debutant Chris Rogers not even going close to half filling the shoes of an injured Matty Hayden. More importantly, the Australian attack looked far from threatening with Johnson and Tait unable to contribute significantly.

Heres hoping for another good contest in Adelaide :kickass:

10. Falkor

Falkor J.B.C.M

I'll take a random stab

anyone an NHL Fan?

11. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

NHL is one of the greatest sports to watch. Being I always choose the Mighty Ducks in the video games, and the movies I go for the Ducks as it was the only team I knew.

12. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

It was great to see India win the third test, as it will make the final one miles more interesting than it would otherwise have been. It adds real spice to the series.

13. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

I don't think MacGill will ever play test cricket again. He looks too comfortable now making TV ads.

14. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

He was majorly fucked over in the first innings though... why didn't Cricket Australia lodge a complaint about the umpiring and threaten to cancel the rest of the tour because of it?

Oh yeah, because we don't blackmail the ICC at every turn. I laughed out loud when India went on about the "spirit of the game".... I'll see if I can dig up the details, but they did exactly the same thing during their last tour of South Africa. Threatened to cancel matches, abused umpires and so forth and still tried to claim the moral high ground

15. Bucko

Bucko Member

Only 52 days before the NRL kicks off, carn the TIGERSSSSS

16. Rick

Rick Senior User

But the point is, Australia has been on the rough end of the decision stick plenty of times before, and we usually take it in stride. It seemed like the Indian team was trained in Bollywood acting the way they caused a fuss. Oh, and the Indian fans? It's a game you fucking twats, keep the effigy burning for something that actually matters in the world. The umpires weren't out to 'get' India, what ever happened to just upholding the Umpires decision and getting on with the game.

Either way, i'm looking forward to Thursdays test.

17. Celestial-Todd

The Australian can't win no matter what..... when we "play hard", we're accused of being cheats and sore winners. When we lose, we're told that we are too soft

18. Bucko

Bucko Member

Effigy burnming thats just what they do, we get pissed and caused a fight , its called CULTURE mate ...

19. Rick

Rick Senior User

I think you totally misunderstood the point. The point was that we can take losing in stride, and no, we don't go out bashing Indians just becuase we lose a test match. We usually understand that it's just a game, and our team knows how to take a defeat. The Indians DON'T, at least not at the moment, and the way they react at losing is fucked. If losing a game means blaming everyone else, starting commotions, and burning things in the Indian culture, then i don't want anything to do with India.

20. Celestial-Todd

Same could be said for Leyton Hewitt.... I've never heard him say after a loss "he just played better then me". He ALWAYS has some sort of excuse or lays the blame elsewhere (as he did in the warm-up to the Aussie Open by blaming the court WTF?)