This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Sports Thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Bucko

Bucko Member

there' only one Joey Barton !!!!!

2. JetHead

JetHead FTT

I'm gutted that I was working overnight and didn't get to see it unfold live :cry:

3. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Hey cro, how's my main man Jelavic doing for you guys? I saw he scored against Ireland.

4. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

He wasn't to bad yesterday. Just overshadowed by amazing performances from Manzdukic, Modric and Rakitic. He was lucky with the goal, he was in an offside postion but fortunantly it came of an Irish defender and thankfully he was able to compose himself to score.

Emotions were running high last night, havign 4 hours sleep since the Euros have started and being amongst Croats that were drinking from 4pm, it was difficult to watch the game with analysis in mind, lol. Going to watch the replay now so I can actually see how the boys played in a calm state of mind.

5. Winmar

Haha that's the spirit! It's more funny watching in a group like that, but harder to actually keep track of what's happening in the match. I don't have Setanta, so I won't be seeing much of the championships at all, unfortunately.

What's the Croatian team been like recently? How far would you expect to go in the tournament?

6. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

Croatian team for me has been disgusting, apart from their 3-0 win against Turkey to qualify and against Estonia in the friendly for the lead up. I didn't have high hopes for this tournament at all, especially against Ireland. We always fuck up against minnows, we struggle to break a bunker and get a bit cocky, so it was good to see.

I think we may get a draw against Italy and a loss to Spain which will mean we won't make it past the group stage. Our defense is not good enough to get out of this group (on paper) but anything can happen.

BTW, Setanta is $10 to watch online. Just sign up in their website, or you can get free live streaming if you just want to watch Englands matches.

7. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

It was interesting to see Spain starting with no strikers also, as amazing as their midfield is they are not known for their finishing. Reports are saying that they might not start with a striker against Ireland too, I predicted before the tournament that Spain might not make it out of the group stage and that Italy and Ireland will go through. But after seeing how rubbish the Irish are, Croatia might use there typical balkan mentality and pick up against a team we shoud lose to and beat them and go through. Going to be an interesting week coming up, and I will lose about 10 years of my life.

I think Russia will be the dark horse of this tournament though, they have played the best so far. If they can avoid Germany in the lead up to the final I think they can make it all the way.

8. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

9. JetHead

JetHead FTT

Germany v Spain final will be epic, just to see Spain get ass raped

10. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

Can't believe Italy got past Germany. No I don't know who I want to win in the final, I hate Italy with a passion and Spain have bored me to tears this tournament. If only they could both lose.

11. Winmar

Yeah it's a tough one. I could never go for Italy in any game, so Spain it'll have to be.