This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

the video is cool

Discussion in 'Katatonia' started by jax8u, Nov 12, 2009.

1. jax8u

jax8u New Metal Member

Who really gives a fuck about a music video whats the point in making them these days but whatever .This one from an artistic view is neat good locations, great colors,wierd stuff, its a piece of art.I hate to see you guys bust on the people who made it.They did a really good job.The video dosn't seem to have much to do with the music or band but do you really care.Its a fucking promotion video that a record company thinks a band needs.Who's got time to sit around watching stupid music videos.Shit I would fuck both them vampire bitches, so good job I'll watch again.

2. noctambulant

noctambulant Member

3. Nehebkau

Nehebkau Member

:lol:

4. burton

burton Member

While I wouldn't go far to say it's cool, I will say that I have seen much worse. I don't think it deserves the intense backlash it's getting, but I understand it.

5. Vincent J.

Vincent J. Member

I care because I know that there are going to be people who will get to know Katatonia through this video. Of course it matters.
    Really, I don't want to insult anyone here, but I presume everyone who knows Katatonia well can see how this video is NOT representing them at all.
    Don't you think it's offending to say that it doesn't matter whether a video fits a band or not. Do you really not care about Katatonia that you think any random technically good video is suitable?
    There is so much potential for making excellent video's for katz songs, so we're all disappointed all that potential got wasted.

Obviously you completely and in a grotesque way miss the point when you like a Katatonia video because of your perverted sexual phantasies

6. sulfer

sulfer New Metal Member

Its all well and good saying its just a promotional video the lable did to get more fans but for the existing fans its rediculous to show something this childish. A katatonia video should have better imagery and should fit with the album style. It shouldnt be a random story about emo girls in the woods who puke black goo/smoke/whatever that was.

7. Dexter_prog

Dexter_prog New Metal Member

8. desiredusername

"From an artistic view"? Such a statement would make me wonder what on earth your credibility is; 2nd grade art class? This is teenage mallcore angst thrown into a video that looks like it was made in some pimpled face teeanger's parents' basement while he stayed up all night feverishly gaining inspiration from the latest AFI music video.

Or maybe that's why you like it?

9. i aint play this

lmao this video represents my ass better than it represents Katatonia.

The video is really silly and the hundred fans disliking it cannot be wrong. You like it and that's ok, but most people on planet earth don't, so deal with it.

10. Jinn

Jinn Saint

The labels do. it's cheap advertising. Shoot a video, slap a song on it, youtube it and let the word spread. it also makes for good bribe material for single edition releases.

I remember as a young teen going to the Louvre in Paris. They had a temporary 6 month exhibit gallery of photo art. Most of it was shot in a room with painter's sheets on everything. The subjects were three men, naked and erect wearing prop animal heads. That's art too, i guess.. right?

The problem with the 'art' in this music video is that it came about 5 years too late to be relatively interesting. Cradle of Fail already pioneered and subesequently milked the fair goth maiden doing weird crap in the forest bit... well, that band and now every twilight COSplayer. From a purely 'artistic' standpoint ignoring the kata track, the video is random, cheapened and incredibly tacky. I would expect something like this from maybe Theater of Tragedy, or hell, maybe even Opeth, who has worked with Lasse before and actually can fit a semblance of the thematic approach of the video into their music, but Kata? no way.

No, they didn't. The models were bad actresses and the thematic elements were either blatantly ripped off or halfassed.

Since i have been a dedicated fan of Katatonia for just about 8-9 years now, I'd have to say yes, I do care. I am part of the consumer market and I am part of the fanbase. Not only do I care, but I also think that my opinion is important, just like yours, and everyone else's. Even the gay ass twilight morons.

Well, I guess you have time to sit around watching 'stupid music videos' and you also found the spare time to come and post a new thread stating your opinions on one such 'stupid music video' so forgive me if I find it hard to accept your trivialization of the matter. Yes, it is a promotion video. Peaceville thinks Kata needs it because they're trying to push Katatonia towards a bigger audience, which is great. My concern, as shared by others, is that promoting Katatonia with stereotypical gothic visuals is the WRONG way to promote this band to audiences. Katatonia is unique, and not goth.

I'm glad that you've finally revealed that your main interest and praise for the video is the choice of models and not the relevance to the music and sound that Katatonia has carefully crafted and perfected over the years.

The twilight forums are --------------------> that way. shoo.

11. jax8u

jax8u New Metal Member

Well I always like to support the underdog.I will never go on a bands message board and tell them they make bad choices.What if you went to a kat show and at the end Jonas said you guys were the worst crowd ever, you fucking sucked, have a good night and fuck off.Kat have given us a lot, they do one thing you don't like, and you guys shit on them.Jonas told me the concept for the next video is the band playing live standing there with their dicks hanging out.So maybe that will be more of what you guys were hoping for, especially the bag boy from texas.

12. verma

verma Member

Jinn, now that's what i call "chuck norris style answer" :D

13. Jinn

Jinn Saint

Bag boy? sorry bro, but i'm a guitar teacher.

I'm sorry if your Jonas Brothers loving friends don't see both sides of what it means to be a fan of a band.

Being a fan doesn't mean to eat up everything as the best goddamn thing since sliced bread. There is a reason why you like the music you listen to, and if say, your favorite band [the Jonas Brothers, remember?] suddenly went and started to sound like nickelback, you'd be up in arms. You don't want a Nickelback clone, you want the Jonas Brothers, and all of their sugary bullshit.

There have been times where i've bought an album and have been so damn dissappointed that I've told the musicians to their face. With my own musical progressions I expect nothing but honesty. If someone is going to call themselves a fan of my music, I want to know what they think of EVERYTHING that I release, whether it be a demo, full length, documentary, or even just some drunken encounter in the studio that accidentally slipped into print.

I would rather have disappointed fan feedback than mindless yes-men who either don't have the balls to express themselves truthfully or have no knowledge about the artistic and creative processes.

Your suggestion of a performer insulting the audience is illogical. We paid the money for the performer to entertain us, not the other way around. There is no such thing as a 'bad' crowd except for no crowd. There is nothing that says that I have to rush the stage, throw the horns up, give beers to the band and headbang furiously. I do those to show my appreciation and approval of the entertainer. Even if you fill up an entire stadium with people who are neutral towards your performance, you still filled up a goddamn stadium which is a damn good crowd.

If you're truly a fan of the band, you're going to tell them what you think of their current work in light of their previous works and your expectations, and not express universal approval of a medium of their art simply because you like to jerk off to it.

14. Anthony3

Anthony3 I Am Nothing

How old are you? 16? Just please shut up, you sound like a moron.

15. Jinn

Jinn Saint

aw TY :) much appreciated.

16. nymphx

nymphx C old W ays.

.. this thread frustates me.

17. sulfer

sulfer New Metal Member

You fail sir.

18. Kitiini

Kitiini Member

I think it would be fun if Jonas' came back to the stage after the show and he was like "you are the worst crowd evah I HATE YOU" i'd be like rofl... its like C.O.B and aleksi laiho

19. jax8u

jax8u New Metal Member

A yo bra I should embrace your epic insight on what people should and should not say.But I will remain the way I am, so I will not comment on your band.But I would like to give you a tip, hold on to your real job.And take it easy on the junk food its not good for your health.

20. Jinn

Jinn Saint

Well, seeing on how you've already commented on the band, 'bra' i see no deviation of your continual self-contradictions and thus cannot fathom what you could ever take away from this conversation except for your blue balls for the music video. It's nice to see another person influenced by what his dick tells him about a music video instead of his brain's thought process.

as for your tip, why would I ever let go of my 'real job'? I love teaching people how to play guitar. it's something i can do in any town in any country. music truly is a universal language. I also don't eat junk food. I hate the stuff.

Any more wondrous insights or do you need help wiping the drool off your chin?