This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Wargaming Thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by Evil?, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Evil?

Evil? omghaxlol!1

Come one, Come all, and tell your tales of glorious victory and bitter defeat!

This is a thread for wargaming,no matter what system you play, this is the place to talk about it.

New Projects:

Started My 3rd Chaos Space Marines army.
    Just picked up some Necrons.

I hope to have the Necrons assembled and ready for painting next weekend.

Have recently decided on a color scheme for my new chaos and need to strip and prep some old models as well as re-prime some new ones.

2. cookiecutter

cookiecutter Proceed to Ultraslamming

I have a Necron army and an assortment of Eldar, Lizardmen, Brettonians and Orcs. I also have some Battlefleet Gothic and Necromunda Miniatures

imo Necromunda was 10x as fun as 40k and 10x cheaper which is probably why they killed it.

3. Evil?

Evil? omghaxlol!1

I also play Vampire Count sin Fantasy and had a awesome Nurgle fleet in Gothic before my dog ate it.

I have around 1,200 points of Tyranids that I never use because they were boring to use.

Also, check this shit out. It is simply incredible. Fucking Awesome

4. cookiecutter

We should thank womenkind for not sleeping with that guy long enough for him to paint that

5. Evil?

Evil? omghaxlol!1

I aim to improve my painting. I am pretty good, and my Vampire counts army received many complements at my gaming shop recently, but I am limited in what I can pull of well. I have the dirty, grim, dark thing down pretty good but am limited in my skills when it comes to brighter colors or good highlighting. I am going to order some high quality brushes in the next few weeks and am going to try out a new brand of paint I have heard many good things about.

6. cookiecutter

I always had terrible brushes but I could do good things. I always found a black undercoat looked better.

7. Evil?

Evil? omghaxlol!1

Agreed on the black undercoat.

Planned project: Converting a unit of Undead Ogre Bulls to use as mercenary's in my VC army.

I probably would not use them often, because using mercenary's always seemed a bit cheesy to me, but the project should be lots of fun!

8. Vilden

Vilden From the holy kingdom of Harmonia

I play (though I don't play that often anymore) mostly fantasy. Got around 10k worth of Chaos (all gods, but the newest batch is Tzeentch) and around 4k Vampire Counts (Von Carstein!). Also got some Wood Elves and just started Empire.
    In 40k I play exclusivly Imperial Guard so got a respectable force imo, but it expensive as fuck as I play Tallarn and only have metal minis for a horde army.

Cookie: Necromunda was great! 2nd Edition 40k was pretty much like it too, but there you had access to alot more over the top stuff so it didn't work out as well as in Necromunda. :p

IMO Fantasy is alot better rules wise then 40k which has overly simplistic rules imo. Too bad that 40k has alot cooler and more original background material. : |

9. Vilden

I think mercenaries can be really cool if you put some thought into it (I love writing fluff to my armies!) and not just use them to cover up for an area your which your army normally is weak at.

10. Evil?

Evil? omghaxlol!1

40K has amazing fluff and the universe is so damn cool, but like you sais, the rules are getting more and more simple and the books are becoming more streamlined and less custom. I quit 40K for a while because of these reasons, but everyone around here plays 40K and finding a Fantasy opponent can be tough. There are some kids around here that play, but I do not care for them much.

11. Evil?

Evil? omghaxlol!1

Ya, I hate when people just toss a ranged mercenary unit into a counts army simply to have a shooting phase.

I really just want to make the models! It would not be hard to come up with a reason why my count (Von Carstein as well!) would have some undead ogres hanging around.

12. cookiecutter

I've had some amazing times in Necromunda. The campaign system was perfect and there were so many stories and personalities that developed. Examples include the Delaque ganger with two leg wounds who had to crawl around at 2" or the great lengths with which everyone would go to some how kill the Van Saar heavy plasma gunner who had 6 BS and a gun sight.

13. Vilden

I mostly play with my friends who also likes fantasy more so I have no problem finding opponents. I think it is more fun because we usually play it kinda relaxed and don't use cheesed out lists (well sometimes to try :p). I'm kinda scared of playing in a store, not a fan of alot of people watching and commenting on how I play. :(

14. Evil?

Evil? omghaxlol!1

I too love game systems involving a smaller number of models who over time develop personalities. Adding new wargear to your models is always great too .I played in a Mordheim campaign once, and that was a lot of fun.

playing in a store can get very annoying with a bunch of people who can't regulate the volume of there voices start getting worked up and start standing way to close.

15. Vilden

Mordheim is good too, the problem with it imo is that because it is fantasy there were alot less shooting going on so alot of games were just everybody charging in the middle. :p

H2H works better when you need to wheel and gets flanking bonuses and all that. More tactical options.

16. Evil?

Evil? omghaxlol!1

I really must get to bed! I don't want to but I must.

I will leave you with this! HOLY SHIT!

17. cookiecutter

no pics in the link

18. Vilden

Evil?: Do you post on Warseer? I was pretty active on Portent, but all the cool guys stopped posting when they closed. :(

Btw, that titan is well, HOLY SHIT!!

19. Pessimism

Pessimism Endemic Vagabond

You guys should post pics - maybe I'll post some pics of my few gay looking models ;)

Actually I don't have a camera :(

20. Pessimism

Pessimism Endemic Vagabond