This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by A8, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Krow

Krow Garbage Connoisseur

So I've been sick the past week or so. Maybe a bad cold, maybe the flu. Doesn't matter because that's boring.

The past two nights I've been taking Robitussin every evening on top of two or three beers a night because I have some idiotic hope it'll make me feel better. Apparently this is a bad combination with a fever for me. While this is relieving the symptoms it's causing some bizarre side effects.

1. Weird dreams.
    I never fucking remember my dreams, ever... Maybe a couple a year. First, I died and went to the gates of heaven in which I was put on trial by a gigantic judge for my life and damned to hell. At the end of my fall I woke up.
    The second is just yeah... I had a dream that seemed like every non family female I've had any sort of more than a fleeting contact with took turns straddling me, some were fully clothed, some were actually having sex with me in this old chair... All had the same expression of a demented smile on their face.... All mumbling gibberish. Woke up confused and absolutely covered in sweat.

2. Hallucinations
    I was seeing flashes of light in the corners of my eyes and hearing loud cracking noises most of the two nights. At one point it also sounded like a voice loudly, clearly said "Justin" in my ear. This voice was the distinct voice of an ex girlfriend currently residing in Maine. I actually sent her a message on Facebook the next morning because of this.
    Also, when I closed my eyes, hell I'm not sure what other people see when they close their eyes but I see black/green/red variations depending on the light in the room. These colors swirled and undulated for hours.

Never doing that again, unless I get really bored one weekend or something...

2. Baroque

Baroque Active Member

Yeah the active compound in robitussin is actually a powerful hallucinogenic. Some people take large amounts to get high, and it's called robotrippin in slang (no joke). I've heard it may cause brain damage though so I never messed with it.

3. CiG

CiG Infrared Horizon

#56383 CiG, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  4. unknown

unknown fuck ftagn

I had some mysterious cold/flu thing once and loaded up on robitussin and about five other medicines and "natural" remedies. It was the first time I lost sensation of my body...and then I went to work

5. Dak

Dak mentat

The last time I took medicine was in 2008 and I took a single Oxy pill (and drank a beer) for the first 3 nights following knee surgery just so I could fall asleep on my back (I normally can't do that). Not for the pain, but to fall asleep.

6. Jimmy... Dead.

Jimmy... Dead. contemplative curmudgeon

jesus I miss oxy

7. HamburgerBoy

HamburgerBoy Active Member

Fucking degenerates.

8. KafkaX

KafkaX Mr. Self Destruct

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

I don't fuck around with getting sick anymore, I'm at the doctor quick fast and in a hurry to get medicine. Don't have time for that shit.

10. SilverCrank

SilverCrank Member

Smoking out of my new mini water bong and listening to Necromantia.
    I haven't been sick in 5 years, everybody around me is sick though it seems.

11. Krigloch the Furious

Krigloch the Furious Pants full of poo

coffee, you're a cool motherfucker! :kickass:

12. CF87

CF87 Active Member

Yeah. It has dextromethorphan in it. If you take around 2,3 hundred mg's you will trip at somepoint, you start out high and than you trip. Not even that much mg wise will fuck someone up. Not necessarily trip, but you'll get high.

13. CF87

CF87 Active Member

Anyways, waiting for the UFC prelims. I get this this feeling the fights are going to be shitty and boring. I might get that UFC on demand. I know Ronda Rousey is in her peak right now, but her same fight has been on for 3 days now and nothing else. It's bullshit.

14. Baroque

Baroque Active Member

Just found out the Eagles of Death Metal are not actually death metal or anything close to it. Oh well. Still tragic.

15. Satanstoenail

Satanstoenail My Larpstyle determines my Derpstyle

My mate just asked me to come over and drink beers and watch it. Dunno if I can be bothered.

Yeah it's a dumb band name.

16. Nephilim96

Nephilim96 Member

Yeah, it's DXM. I've done it twice, once a medium dose, once a small dose. It's more of a dissociative than a hallucinogen, but I've never taken any true dissociatives (i.e. Ketamine) so I can't confirm. It was okay, and I'd maybe do it again if it came in powder form and wasn't as bad for you as it is, but due to that I'm not going to touch it again. Downing a bottle of Robitussin is absolutely disgusting, you'll definitely get brain damage if you do it more than a handful of times, and you'll almost definitely die (unless you get your stomach pumped in time) if you ever accidentally use the Robitussin with acetaminophen in it. Good bye liver.

17. Nephilim96

Nephilim96 Member

You don't even take allergy meds or aspirin?

18. unknown

unknown fuck ftagn

just got back from having beers with Cody and his special-lady-friend. Always a good time

19. CF87

CF87 Active Member

He mixed booze with it, he might have some memory loss for a few hours in the morning. Liver problems is caused by drinking on a basis, you get cirrhosis.

20. Matt

Matt Active Member

In Kansas City for a baseball tryout tomorrow. Probably wasting my time, but I can't give up the dream.